Sign in to follow this  
Guest DannyV

Terramodels ....... help needed.

G'day all,The post of Franks has got me started working on modeling Aussie airports.When in the Fly! II program the runways and taxiways align perfectly but when I exit the program and start a project in Terramodels there is an offset between the runways and taxiways of anything up to 1000 ft or so. It's almost as if Fly! and Terramodels are looking at different databases. I have unpoded the taxiways pod to the Fly!IIdata folder.Anyone able to shed some light on what I'm doing wrong please.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest Eagle

Roger I have not had that problem using TerraModels. When you open an airport in TerraModels that have taxiways they should line up.If you are creating taxiways using the Taxiway program then you need to copy the .txp, .bgr and .tms files that are created into the Fly!II/Data folder. TerraModels will then read the new taxiways.Hope this helps.Keep FLYing

G'day Eagle,Mate very sorry for my late response. When Roger crashes I don't just have a CTD. It's all the way down with me :-); a complete power supply failure has kept me offline over the weekend. Just got a replacement and fitted it tonight (MON).Thanks for the info. You have pointed out my problem precisely. I have modified Taxiways but only have the *.bgr and *.tms files. Looks like I will have to contact Danny for the *.txp files.Thanks for the replyCheers,Roger @YSSY

G`day Roger,Thought it was a little quiet around here :), I just forked out for a new power supply as well. I purchased an Enermax 350W, I have all sorts of power hungry devices plugged into my machine and thought about replacing my old 250W before its too late.Looking forward to your creations.Kind RegardsAndy

Roger,You can also use the 'Adjust Taxiway Positioning' feature in the 'Edit' menu.In some cases, the taxiways in TM are slightly off the runways. I could not track down the problem, so I put in the manual adjustment feature.Allen

Guest Eagle

Allan since you are here and hopefully you will come back to this thread, let me ask you a question.I use TM and when I place the housing units and select place grass I end up with z-buffering when flying over the area. I also tried placing the houses without grass and in some areas I get z-buffering and in others I don't. Any idea what is going on?Keep FLYing

Guest DannyV

Roger,TXP files are on their way :-)Cheers,Danny

If I remember correctly, TM creates 2 separate objects (1 for the housing units and 1 for the grass). You can select the grass seperatly and doublecheck to make sure that the Z-buffering is turned off for the grass part.I am away from my TM machine right now, so I cannot give you a definate answer.Allen