Sign in to follow this  

Liveries that would be cool to see...

I can't help but be thoroughly impressed with the liveries that people are churning out for the 727 - 777. Given all the liveries that are out there for the 727, is there anyone who would be interested in taking on a paint job for a re-creation of PSA (Pacific Southwest Airlines) and also the smile on the nose??? :-jumpyAnother one that would be very cool to have (and very retro) would be a repaint of the MD80 in AirCal colors (remember them???)Then there's Western airlines, both schemes (when they were their own airline, and after being bought by Delta).I think it would be a great homage to the airlines of yesteryear to let them live again, at least in electronic form.Images can be found at www.airliners.net or I'd be more than happy to provide some myself.I just can't figure out how to do this and am willing to admit my shortcomings. If there's someone in the southern California area that does DO repaints and can show me in person, I'd love to set up a time to meet and attempt to learn.Anyway, that's it for now. Any other suggestions out there???John Bauderjohnlbauder@aol.comFly!2K MAC/Fly II PC UserPalm Springs, California, USA

Hello, John. There is a paintkit I made for painting the 727 which has instructions and a base livery that you can modify for any of the liveries that you'd like. Although it may seem daunting, repainting is not really too tough to do. It just takes practice. If you'd like to start and then ask for any help, just post in this forum and I and many others will be able to answer any question you may have. I've got a pretty full plate right now so I could not promise when I could do any of the liveries you want. I'd kicked around the PSA and the Western Airlines, "The Only way to Fly!", liveries but haven't gotten around to doing anything about them.I'm up here in the High Desert, Palmdale, so in the Fly! world, we're neighbours.Regards,Pete

Thanks, Pete, for your response!You do EXCELLENT work!!!I'll search for the paintkit (I'm assuming it's available on the AVSIM server somewhere) and give it a shot.Regards,John Bauderjohnlbauder@aol.comFly!2K MAC/Fly II PC UserPalm Springs, California, USA