Sign in to follow this  

Info Metar

Hi All , I have a Question about Info Metar I have noticed that when I have loaded the current weather info , its fine when I leave my departing airport but I have noticed that the weather doesnt seem to change at my destination airport it is identical to the weather I have just left . I have checked the weather reports and I know they should be different from my departing airport to my arrival one { as in raining at my departure and not raining at my arrival } does anyone have any ideas ???? or is this normal I have a P4 1600 ,fly 2 patched to 2.30 and have a geforce 4 460 golden sample GFX card with 64 DDR ram , so according to me my system and card should scream in spec wise can anyone help me ?? cheers Andrew :-wave

Andrew,Are you following the special Infometar recommendations for Fly!II posted in the Fly!! FAQ at the top of the forum page?Infometar is not the problem here - the way Fly!II is interpreting metars is. David Sandberg has posted an adjustment to the default settings of Infometar that helps Fly!II do a better job with metars. It's especially important to thin the metars. Even with these adjustments, you will ocassionally get improper weather.The beta team is working to rectify these problems and is having some success.

Randall Rocke

Hi there , I am using the info posted by Ken_Salter which in turn was posted by David Snadberg { the author of info metar } and yes I am thinning my metars but as you say there are a couple of problems to rectified thanks heaps for your reply .cheers Andrew

Guest ben_

I'm not sure if this has any effect or not; but, if you've downloaded the ROTW PA19 update, that adds a random weather dll.Ben

Guest DSandberg

A question for you, just for the sake of completeness and my own peace of mind: how many METARs were in the output file you saved after thinning and processing in InfoMETAR? You can tell this by looking at the number of METAR reports shown on InfoMETAR's status bar just before you save the thinned file (or shown on the status bar after completing all pages of the Wizard if you are doing things that way). I just want to make sure that you're actually getting more than just the departure airport's weather into that file (as that could pretty obviously cause what you are seeing).- David Sandberg[br][br]infomsig.jpg

Hi Mr D Sandberg sir , I am getting more than just one metar loaded after I have thinned around my flight route and I opened up my thinned metars into note pad form to see that different stations are represented and the information is present .thanks for your time Andrew New Zealand

Guest DSandberg

Okay. The only other thing I would suggest (beyond waiting for the next beta patch to be pulled together) is to make sure you haven't done any manual weather settings in Fly II ... just start the program up and import METARs, don't touch anything else in the weather setup dialogs.I don't have Fly II installed right now, so I don't recall if it has an "Autosave Weather Data" option like the original version of Fly did. If it does have such an option, I think that should also be disabled (again, at least until patch time rolls around again).- David Sandberg[br][br]infomsig.jpg

Hi David , Thank you very much for help I will follow your instructions next time I use the Sim .thanks heaps .Andrew New Zealand