Sign in to follow this  

Debonair Problem

Firstly, Thanks to the designers for what seems like a great addition to the FS community. I am posting a screenshot of the error I get when trying to load the Regular Debonair. I have reinstalled, I've also tried changing startup aircraft. I copied the Reality gauge as suggested. I'm running FS2002 Pro, with Reality XP. Any help would be appreciated.

It seems a very few persons have this problem(so far 3 reports)-the b33 gauge would be the hsi and master switch. I don't have a clue why it would be a problem-maybe someone else has an idea? If you click ok does it load and then is the hsi/master switch missing?One other thing to try-do you have a 3rd party aircraft saved as your default startup? I don't know why-but it seems that this can cause problems. If you do-try saving a startup with a default ms aircraft like the 172 and see if this still happens.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

Guest Crash_Hawk

My FS starts with the default Baron 58 and then when I switch over to the Debonair I also get the HSI and Master switch as missing.Jonathan

Guest Crash_Hawk

Re-downloaded, uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. Is my life doomed to fly with this magnificent aircraft??:-roll . Anyway, Geof I sent you an e-mail and maybe this'll get resolved.Jonathan

Well from what I can tell for whatever reason a few people have trouble with one gauge. Why it doesn't affect others I have no idea. If we can't find a simple answer I will look into redoing those two gauges differently for the folks with trouble-but that may take a little while.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

To save the redownload what you do is make a folder in c: call this "microsoft games" then inside this you make a folder calles "FS2002" then you copy the fs2002 exe put this in the folder then extract the debonair setup to this directry then you can manualy put in to the real fs2002 directory the plane as you want it without the pieces you do not need .After doing this The plane work great and I also enjoyed it lots it was a great first flight and got the heart fluttery on final approach in the fog :)This plane Feels just like i remember my first fly in real plane 4 year ago.Great plane this and Thank you Very much for doing it :)Anniette xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest Crash_Hawk

I guess I'll just swap out those 2 guages (I was really looking forwrd to the HSI too.) and then I should be able to fly it just fine. I'll just have another mod for the Debonair thats all. By the way, can this aircraft be repainted?Jonathan

Hey Geoff,Ok, I guess I'm number 4. I wonder if this is a case of a problem with WinXP. What OS are the others running that are having problems with the gauge? The package works great, otherwise. The error pops up when selecting the aircraft and when switching to panel view for the first time. My startup plane is the default Baron, I'm using WinXP home. Thanks again for all of the work. The visual model is simply stunning, I spent more time flying in spot plane mode than in the cockpit, just so I could watch the reflections dance across the fuselage. BTW, is it just me, or doe the person in the right seat look like Dick Cheney?Thanks Again,MikeKOCF

Not having the gauge problem------ and do use Windows XP (home)

Guest JeanLuc_

If you are talking about the rear right passenger, then it is definitely not Dick Cheney!Hope it helps!

>Not having the gauge problem------ and do use Windows XP (home)Oh, well, thought that might have been it, http://www.democraticunderground.com/dufor...s/aanewbsod.gif>If you are talking about the rear right passenger, then it >is definitely not Dick Cheney! >>Hope it helps! Nah, I was talking about the guy in the front right. From head on, he kind of looks like him, without the sneer, :lolMikeKOCF

JamesUmm, sorry, I didn't mean to offend if you don't look anythng like or are not as old as Dick Cheney. :-wink2MikeKOCF