Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eagle

Making the default Fly!II better!!!

No offence was meant by me about ms2002, as I have had MS flight sims since MS95. Seems a long time ago....I then got 98 and in the end I found Fly.The point Im trying to make is, with Fly II no matter how much time I spend on it, I never get fed up with the scenery, the aircraft or the learning proccess that comes with it. The general feel of the software springs to mind that Im in a plane, or the best it can be, in likeness.With MS2002, I really love it,but, no matter what and Im on both systems every day, Fly hits the buzz for me each and every time. This is not meant to start another War on the sims..... Honest:-wink2 Steve Brown

>The point Im trying to make is, with Fly II no matter how >much time I spend on it, I never get fed up with the >scenery,I always get fed up with the "scenery"!! :) Guess I need a few hundred.... 100+meg downloads like the SoCal scenery to make me real happy! Scenery like that at higher altitudes, looks about as realistic as it gets!L.Adamson

This is actually a big differentiating factor between FLY and FS. FLY's scenery (at least some of those special areas) look better the higher you go. The FS2002's scenery on the other hand usually looses its appeal around 35,000+ but really shines at 25,000 and lower.Michael J.

>This is actually a big differentiating factor between FLY >and FS. FLY's scenery (at least some of those special areas) >look better the higher you go. The FS2002's scenery on the >other hand usually looses its appeal around 35,000+ but >really shines at 25,000 and lower. >Very true! Way up, that 3rd party FLYII scenery (especially mountainous) is "wicked" looking & I really do like it! For lower level flight such as through mountainous passes & Alaska for example, then FS2002 with 3rd party mesh is the way to go.I also noticed that when flying high over these 100+ meg scenery areas for FLYII, that the transitions from crisp to blurriness in the distance work better than in FS2002. FS2002 changes it's resolutions as specific distances which are noticeable in may instances. But then FS2002 has to create all the scenery plus auto-gen on the "fly" so to speak. No worse than flying from a FLY add-on scenery to default though..L.Adamson

Guest Eagle

Save your money!!!! That would be my choice.