Sign in to follow this  

Run Fly!2 on MULTIPLE PCs!!!

I am making an announcement here... ;-)I've been working on this for a VERY long time, and it seems it's coming to a point where it's close to being ready...I am happy to say that, barring any unforeseen issues and problems with the clients side, I'm able to send POSITION and ORIENTATION data over to one (or MORE) different PCs, EACH running a copy of Fly!2.This means that, if you have multiple PCs, each hopefully set up the SAME exact way, scenery-wise, you will be able to see multiple views of your session, based on whatever settings you choose for each PC.For example:I have a "Server" PC in the middle of my desk which is displaying the main view, with the cockpit panel.I also have TWO other "Client" PCs, left and right of my main monitor, which are each displaying a left/front and right/front view of the outside world.These are networked together, and have NO negative effect whatsoever on frame rates.(You can have as many client PCs as you like to network together, all off of the same one Server PC - but No, you cannot have multiple client PCs showing panel screens, as the aircraft data are not being passed around. I am actually toying with that idea as well, but this won't be for a long while still).Pictures to follow probably mid-week, but I am sure you all get the point...How many of you are interested?(This will NOT be freeware - this will be a PMDG product, most probably, for a nominal price).Show your interest NOW!

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Fly II Pilot

Me too...FINALLY!Will this open the door to doing Pilot/Copilot or Student/Instructor flights? Will you be able to transmit other parameters down the road?This is really exciting!Alejandro AmigorenaSyracuse, NYAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMGeForce 3 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Guest Jan

Interesting.I'm with you. :)Jan

Keep at Lefteris-sounds great. Does the scenery show left and right views as well?DaveT

Hi Lefteris,Thanks for this initiative. However I'm not sure I will use it. Fly! requires a fast processor and a state-of-the art video card. You may hope that you have these on your main computer. If there is a second computer, it is most likely that it's older and therefore has lower specifications. So I think that there will be a framerate problem with the additional computers.

Guest Henri W

Hans,I assume each PC is running at its own frame rate. Lefteris, I am certainly interested, although it may take a few more months beofre I buy a new PC.Cheers,Henri

Hi Henri, >I assume each PC is running at its own frame rate. That is exactly my point. You are lucky when your main PC meets all the demands (processor, memory, video card). It is very unlikely that - if there are other pc's - other pc's also meet these demands. So on these other pc's Fly! will run with a lower (too low ?) framerate. Unless you are willing to buy an additional state-of-the-art pc, which is very unlikely for us ordinary simmers.However, don't misunderstand me. I appreciate the initiative of Lefteris very well. He is doing a great job for our beloved sim.:-beerchug