Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

Keyboard commands for FLY!

Flying with Fly I often found the need to adjust rudder trim to keep my aircraft in straight and level flight (without using the A/P). Switching between cockpit views is not always manageable when I have to keep my eyes on instruments to cross-check the trim settings and the wings position. (Not to mention the need to release the joystick and operate the trim wheel with mouse!)There is no such thing in the "Controls" menu like Rudder Trim, so I cannot assign it to joystick buttons. Does anybody have any solution????ThanksNight Owl

Hello,I don't know if this helps you... But I assigned rudder left and rudder right to two joystick buttons. As I do not have rudder pedals, that works fine as "trim" for me. :) It seems that rudder and aileron trims don't have any keyboard shortcuts but maybe there are some, I don't know of them anyhow.Dave

You can assign keys to all six trim axes - rudder, ailerons, nose pitch. Go in the Keys/Buttons menu, aircraft section. Scroll down til you see the trim you wish to assign and create a key combo. That's it.I have assigned joystick buttons for nose and rudder trim, and a keyboard shortcut for aileron trim since I more frequently use the first two.Easy as cake.-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v29.42, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Many thanks for suggestions. I will try next time!Night Owl

>You can assign keys to all six trim axes - rudder, ailerons, >nose pitch. Go in the Keys/Buttons menu, aircraft section. >Scroll down til you see the trim you wish to assign and >create a key combo. That's it. DK,That's it! There are no such item in my AIrcraft Keys menu like Aileron Trim! Otherwise it's not so complicated, indeed. I fly with a 12 button joystick, all of them assigned to various functions. But I would freem any two of them to Rudder trim if I could.THanks anyway!Night Owl

G'day Night Owl,Are you using FlY! or Fly! II?In Fly! II go to options/keys & buttons/ aircraft.All three axis controls are listed.trim (aileron left)trim (aileron right )trim (rudder left )trim (rudder right)trim ( elevator up )trim (elevator down )All six may be assigned a keystroke or joystick button.Cheers,Roger @YSSY