Sign in to follow this  
FS Robert

Nice Pics...Thought I Would Share Them...

Hi All,FS2002 really looks so nice...just a pleasure to fly with. The first three shots are climbing out of KPDX...Portland Oregen and the forth is a over shooting of RWY 07 at KLAX Los Angeles ( at least I landed ). Of course the great POSKY A/A Boeing 767-300 together with PIC and Lees " merge ". Gotta Love It.This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

Now let's all play like good little children. :-)Seriously, instead of picking through all the posts, it was just easier to remove the back and forth bickering over screenshots by removing all and starting again. So to all of you that were just trying to respond positively to Robert, sorry your posts were caught in the cleaning. Feel free to post again. I'm not going to throw a fit about some pics here and there in this forum. It's like everything else, when it turns into a regular thing, then I'll say something.And to "navalair":"A couple of recent examples of screen shots that have been posted without criticism are Geofa's fine Deb33 and LADamson's pictures of his Fouga Magister. Both are fine folks and their screen shots are quite nice. It wouldn't be that there are some recognized "prima donnas" on this forum whose sins are overlooked by the forum monitors/managers would it, while lesser folk are brought up short when they have crossed the line of impropriety?"Isn't this a bit over the line? Another user posts a comment about posting the screenshots in the screenshots forum and you come to the conclusion the moderators, that includes me, just simply overlook some so-called "prima donnas" when it comes to forum rules. Quite a stetch wouldn't you say, considering we don't do that.Oh, and Robert, just so not everything in response under your post appears negative, good pics.

Hi Scott,When I posted these shots ( last week I think) I had no idea it would turn out like this. I really just thought! " these pics look very nice " , so I posted them. I for one enjoy other simmers screen shots. To be honest...never thought they would be taken in the way they did. Of course, the grip here is not over how nice they are, just where they are posted. I did post them in the " screenshot forum " just as I was told to do and I did get a few nice response

Vl3MQY.png

>Isn't this a bit over the line? Another user posts a comment about posting the screenshots in the screenshots forum and you come to the conclusion the moderators, that includes me, just simply overlook some so-called "prima donnas" when it comes to forum rules. Quite a stetch wouldn't you say, considering we don't do that.

Good call, Scott:)I agree that it is relevant and nice to see pics in specific forums on and off like these. I read the original posts in this thread just yesterday I think and was a bit bemused with all the fuss. Anyway, as I didn't have time them, I'd just like to say now that, Robert, nice pics!. The KPDX and Columbia river gorge area is one of my favourite flight simming areas. I usually fly out of Hood River in a single or sometimes the Baron and do some touch and goes at some of the small fields round there. Last night I did a flight in a 737-400 out of KPAE to Reno/Tahoe and the high altitude airway I was on (fsnav) gave me a beautiful high up view of that region along the way...beautiful part of the world:)RegardsDave

The original post in this thread was the first that I have seen complaining about screenshots and normally the forum management seems fairly evenhanded. Although for some reason any negative post regarding PSS seems to get erased very quickly - so fast in fact that I tend to get the subject and not be able to access the details.

Guest abent

Robert, what is that 'FDA ATC chatter ...area' in the text bar in your first pic all about. Is this an ATC addon for FS? I don't use scrolling text anymore, but don't recall ever seeing that message.Thanks, Adam

Hi Adam,The green line, well check this out: http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/ It really is a great program. I had the honor of being on the beta team with this project. I will not fly heavies without it. You can also check out the " FDC Forum " here at AVSIM. If, you have any question, just ask me or at the FDC forum.Give it a try...maybe you will become one of us!This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

Thanks for the nice comments Dave. Great to see you are a " FSNaver " it really is a great program. I as well really enjoy flying in this area. Since the arrival of the DF Archer I have really flown in this area. As I said: FS2002 really is a joy to fly...IMHO. I can think that most of the simmers on this forum think the same.This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

On this day, when remembering lost comrades seems most appropriate, I just returned from talking to, and reading e-mailings from, old squadron mates as we remembered our friends we flew with in Viet Nam whose piloting skills, wings, power plants, and tailhooks suddenly became no longer of any use to them when they needed them most. Hard to get back to the "reality" of a simulated flying forum after one has been reliving and discussing the real world with real pilots.I see the deck for this thread has been swept clean. Good for you, Scott. I assume the children came out to play and things got out of hand. Unfortunate for me that my posts in response to FS Robert's had a hand in this and created the need for you to step in clean up the mess. For that, I apologize. In response to your questions: "Isn't this a bit over the line?" and "Quite a stretch wouldn't you say . .?," I must respond that neither was intended. However, in the future, if I post at all, I'll be much more cautious and reticent about submitting a post that could be construed as controversial. Do wonder what I missed, though.Nice forum. Keep up the good work, Scott. http://home.kscable.com/rfromholz/ady.JPG

Hi Scott,Nice to see your still around. Thank you very much for replying to the email i sent to you so quickly.Sincerly,CB :-wave

How do you get to be "Prima donnas" I want one ! :)(and i can not even post sceen shots even if i want too)Anniette xxxxxxxxxxx

In all seriousness can someone give me some advice on how I can become a "Pre-Madonna." Does anybody have any suggestions? Peter?CB

Guest WorkingStiff

A "Pre-Madonna" is a either preoperative transexual - a man who ultimately wants to look like Madonna - or the period before 1984 when Madonna became a household name.A "prima donna" is an entirely different matter.....

Hi Alpha,I could be wrong but, I think a "Prima donna " is what Modonna was, before she was touched for the very first time. Then again, maybe it is a flight simmer who has never posted a screen shot. I never can remember which one it is...well, one of the two. This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobertP.S. I really feel tempted to post a screen shot showing off all my AI Aircraft taxing around KLAX. Again, thanks for the help and your time...your EgyptAir is great!

Vl3MQY.png