Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Lines......

Guest A32X

Dear Sirs,I am running the latest version of FLY II with the Radeon 8500. Everything is super! But I'm getting lots of tiny black lines running horizontally across the screen. They transit the screen up and down. It's destroying the picture clarity. However, when I take screen shots to show people they dissappear!!Is it a fault with the monitor? But I've never had it with any other program.Many many thanksPaul

Guest tonyc

Radeon cards and FLY2 need specific video drivers to eliminate thelines. Use the search engine to find similar threads on the subject. If you cannot find anything, think in terms of several videl drivers that TRI put out and the ones that ATI has and try to experiment. Makes sure you have the latest direct x version too.tony

Guest A32X

Many Thanks sirBTW - Is that Direct X 8 ??I'm not up on the technical side at all :-(

Also, I don't believe that the video driver updates that are a part of the 230 Patch are compatible with non GeForce cards. If you didn't back up the tri*.dll files in the root directory of Fly!II before using Patch 230, you'll probably have to start over.I know that isn't good news - it should really be a part of the First Time Fly!ers FAQ...a warning to those that don't have GeForce/nVidia chip cards.I'm not sure, but I may have a copy of the original DLL files somewhere - or, maybe someone else does. That would save you from wiping Fly!II and starting over. Get the latest Radeon drivers, also.Tony is correct about DirectX - make sure you have the latest version running. You should be able to get it here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.asp

Randall Rocke