Sign in to follow this  

P. Golding's MD-8X panels........

I tried them with 2K2, but when you hit some of the panel switches, 2K2 crashes. I had to remove it. I wish there was a patch - it was one of the best panels ever done.

You need to replace the autopilot alt/hold function and the flaps indicator gauge. Other than that the panel works fine.Kevin

Great news ! Next question, replace them with what? The FS2K2 default or? Thanks!

Hey Travis,The Panel works just fine for me. You just need to reassign the alt/hold switch with a different key command, because the "mouse" switch doesnt work. The flaps indicator does not work, but the flaps still do, you just have to keep track of the flaps schedule.Im talking about the MD-87 panel that Paul made, BTW, and NOT the MD-80 panel. I think there are severe overhead panel problems involved when using the '80 panel with FS2k2.Hmm, I dont think that patch that was suggested to you corrects the problem either.Hope this helps,Rich

Thanks everyone - I will give these a try.

I am trying to get the MD-80 panel to work. It crashes as soon as it starts. :-( Any help appreciated.On the MD-87 panel, did you just assign it in the panel.cfg file? This is my first time for any kind of panel editing. Thanks.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3ce80e1950ba5637.jpg-Jay....:-outta-NWA Line Maintenance KDFW -NW KLM WORLDWIDE RELIABILITY

Hi,This is the name of the Paul Golding MD-80 panel that I have:paul.md80.fs2k.pnl.v2a.zipDo you have the same one?R

I forgot about this too!!There is another version of PG's panel that someone tweeked to run in fs2k2.The name of the file ismdg-2k2.zipHere is what the readme file says in it:*******************This is a rework of Paul Golding's MD87 fs2000 Panel to make it compatible with fs2002.Uses original bitmap designed by Paul Golding and modified by M.Spada.Uses original copyrighted gauges by paul Golding; default gauges of fs2002 and "Concorde.gau" gauge of fs2000.Assembled using Panel-cfg by Marco Spada.m.spada@mclink.itwww.arch-spada.com/panelsFREEWARE !!*********************You'll see the panel on his web pageHope this helps you,Cheers!!Rich