Sign in to follow this  
Guest dajackman

Anyone any IDEA???

Hi Guys....Does anyone happen to know where the EFIS Mode selector switch/button is located on the 737. (the one which changes the displays on the CRT screens)Also on the Glare panel under the IAS display there appears to be a knob with what looks like C/O text next to it. Any ideas as to what its fuction is.Thanks for ant HelpJohn

John,Only can answer your second question. The button circled is for switching between IAS (Indicated airspeed) and Mach number.Bob

Guest GrantM

John,On the 737-500, the EFIS mode selector is located on the center pedestal electronics panel, first column, third sub-panel down. The C/O button is the "change over" button that forces a change from indicated to Mach in the readout window above it, normally, the window reads out Mach automatically when 26,000 ft is reached.Grant

Guest GrantM

John,Here is a link to an image of the center pedestal of the 737-500 so you can see where the EFIS mode selector is. On this image, click the bottom right hand corner to enlarge the image further: (www).b737.org.uk/electronicpanel.jpgGrant

Thanks Grant.............for the info, I'll try and locate some information on how it operates. Grant, Ive just noticed a little WHITE dot in the bottom corner of each of the CRT holding surrounds....do you know if these have any purpose?Thanks for your invaluable helpJohn

Guest GrantM

John,Not sure what you mean... on the EHSI CRT, EADI CRT, EICAS CRT? Need a bit more description.Grant

Hi Grant, thanks for the link, I've actually refered to that site quite abit. Ive attached a pic of the white dots I was refering to, so you can see what I'm on about.Regards John

Guest dajackman

Is that panel for Fly or Fly!2. I havent seen one for Fly!2...

Guest GrantM

John,I don't know what that white dot is for. If I were to guess, it probably has to do with the maintenance procedure for those instruments, how they are installed or uninstalled. It appears to me to be a screw head painted white, which given its location, suggests a mounting screw. The white color may be an indicator of how or when to remove the mount. This is my guess, it does not seem to have any function related to these EADI nor the EHSI. Sorry I could not be of more help on this.Grant

Guest CaptainJ

Hi John,refering to your question about that white dot, I'am not sure but I think it's a bright/dim sensor. when they are flying towards the sun it's quite a bit bright in the cockpit so you can't see the PFD/ND it automatically goes to full bright so you can read out your screen. When the sun goes under or flying in the dark they automatically switches back to dim (better for the pilot eyes) at least this is the information I can send you. On the Fokker 100 and 50 we have got does sensors on the PFD/ND screensby. :-jumpy

Hi Jarno,Thanks for the information...........the main thing I was concerned about was if they had any relevant function, but your explanation seem quite logical.Thank again for your help guysJohn

Hi Robby,If your refering to my 737-500 panel , I've just converted everything to FLYII format.and shes up and running fine.I do have a FLY2k version, but alas nobody has produced a 737 aircraft for Fly2k yet..but I'll give it safe just in case.Regards JohnDC10 projectB737-500

Guest dajackman

Where can I download?? That panel looks awsome. I used to have Wilcos 737 for the original fly!. I would love to have this panel. Thanks!! Great job!

Hi John,It's going. I'm in the middle of doing KDEN with Terramodels. Nothing fancy. This airport is huge!!Hopefully it will be done in the near future. How are things with the DC10?Bob