Sign in to follow this  

Beta Version of Advanced Logbook

Hi all,I've uploaded the beta version of the advanced logbook to the Avsim library. You should be able to download it shortly.Cheers, Tony

Thanks a lot Tony!It was an important missing item in Fly! II.I can't download right now, but I'm sure it's great!Cheers!Pascal

Guest andrewluck

TonyRunning the Logbook Editor program on my PC results in the following error:Component 'MSHFLXGD.OCX' or one of it's dependencies is not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalidThis file is indeed missing on my system.MS KB article Q279029 lists this component as also requiring comcat.dllAndrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Hi Andrew,Thanks for pointing that out. Completely slipped my mind. Sigh...I'll zip up a new distributable with the required OCX controls after I figure out what MS gotchas there are. I may have to break down and build an installShield project. Yuck! Cheers, Tony

Guest andrewluck

ChrisThat's what we have beta's for :-) It is really easy to miss this stuff.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

There's a new version up on the server.Cheers, Tony

Hi Tony,I downloaded and installed it. Sorry, but what do I have to do to make it work? I put all the files in their folders like you had, but nothing seems to happen. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks,Rodger :-wave

At the moment, nothing really "happens", in so far as you won't see anything when you're in the simulator flying around, with the expection that you should see a message pop up in the lower left hand corner of the screen when you take off and when you land. These notices inform you that you have begun and ended a flight, respectively. Other than that, you won't notice anything in Fly! II. I will be adding dialogs within Fly! II so that you can switch log books and set the default log book and so on, but it is my intent to permit browsing of the log book from the log book editor only. So, make sure that you have the DLL in system/modules/pc and the DTD file in Logbooks. Start Fly! II and do one takeoff and landing. Make sure that you see the two notices just as you takeoff and just as you land. It doesn't count, by the way, unless you achieve at least 200' AGL, so you'll want to takeoff and do the pattern. When you've finished your flight, exit Fly! II. Now, run the Logbook Editor and open the default.xml file that should be in the Logbooks folder (it will have been created by the DLL the first time you fly). You should see your one flight which you can mouse over and click on. Let me know if this does or doesn't work.Cheers, Tony

Hi Tony,sorry it took a little longer this time to reply.Nothing happens with my installation as far as I don`t get the pop upmessage on the screen. I`ve put all the files in their right places, and there is no default.xml created. I installed the Logbook Editorto another drive than Fly2. Hm, just thinking if that could be the problem? Would be nice if anyone who uses your programm with succes could say so, please.Thanks for your help and regards,Rodger

Hi Rodger,The location of the editor shouldn't really matter and isn't even necessary so long as you don't want to actually look at your logbook. :-) On the other hand, I was wondering if logbook.dll shows up in the task list. Could you check for me?Cheers, Tony