Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eagle

Do You Use The Keyboard?

Guest Eagle

Do you use the keyboard to control the aircraft? If you do what are the settings in the Aircraft Options menu? No matter what plane I try to fly I cannot control the climb or descent. Using the autopilot I am able to climb or descent, but I want to be able to control the aircraft.The sim has been uninstalled and reinstalled twice this week. The .hst files have been deleted. It is thought I am missing a file.While I have your attention do I need to install the FlyIIfeatureupdate1 and FlyIIfeatureupdate2 files in the Patch library?Any help would be appreciated. Before someone asks, yes I tried the joystick and still had the same problem. No control of the aircraft except turning. I want to be able to climb and descend on my own.Any help would be appreciated.

Okay..................... no, I don't use the keyboard. It's too un-realistic to sensitivity. Same goes for using twistgrips or rocker switches for the rudder. Either use rudder pedals or some type of auto-coordination.L.adamson

Guest Eagle

Perhaps you don't understand the question. This is not a pole to find out who does or doesn't use the keyboard. I prefer to use the keyboard and if others are doing the same would they tell me the settings they use.I have difficulty in controling the climb and descent and want to correct that problem. I don't want to use the pedals and yoke.

I understood................ but you asked the question "Do you use the keyboard to control the aircraft?". You needed another "bump" anyway! :) Noticed this post had went a day with no replies....L.Adamson

Wayne,O.K., I'll bite. Why don't you want to use a joystick for a flight simulator program? Trying to fly an Aircraft in Fly using the keyboard is kind of like driving a car thru the window while running alongside. :) Unfortunately by the time you make a correction using the keys, you have overcompensated and it amplifies the more you try to correct it. I know its not a requirement, but unless you plan to fly with the A/P alone, A basic Joystick is kind of a must have. Good LuckPaul:-cool

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest Eagle

Thanks for the response Paul. I am beginning to think that my bringing up this subject is being treated as some kind of joke and to me it is not. I used Fly 2K and had no problem using the keyboard to control the aircraft. I am unable to do that in FlyII. I also tried the joystick and still cannot climb or descend. By the way the cabin pressure warning comes on when I go above 10,000 feet.All this leads me to believe that I have a corrupt program or I have not adjusted the settings properly. I feel more comfortable using the keyboard rather than the joystick or yoke and pedals. However, I would use some other method if I knew they would work, but I don't think that is the cause of my problem. I believe there is something wrong with the way the sim is installing. The installation method in the First Time Flyers post was followed. In fact the sim has been uninstalled and reinstalled at least four times over the past two days.That is why I posted my question concerning using the keyboard. If others are using the keyboard and they would post their settings perhaps I could find the answer to this problem. I can't enjoy the sim with the way it is currently operating and will have to go back to Fly2K as that sim is operating properly.

Wayne,Well based on what you have posted I would start by checking your keyboard assignments to see if the Elev and Ailerons are assigned keys in the Airplane settings portion of Key Assignments. They should have been set up to default to the arrow keys if I am not mistaken. I have used the keyboard when I was in a hurry to check out new scenery or some other new add on and it does work, but not very well. Also, regarding the Cabin Pressure Warning, Check the pressurization "Dump" lever on the lower center pedestal and select it to close.Good LuckPaul:-cool

Paul Gollnick

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest Eagle

Paul you are the greatest and number one in my book. It is the simple things that we overlook and then we want to blame it on a problem with the program. In checking the keyboard assignments I found that there was no key assigned to elevator up - had one for the down elevator but not for the up.I can now fly the airplane and not have to have autopilot do the job. Still having a problem with cabin pressure, but I can live with that.Thanks for responding in such a positive manner.

WayneGlad to help.What A/C are you flying with the pressurization problems, I was assuming it was the Peregrine.RegardsPaul:-cool

Paul Gollnick

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest Eagle

Paul, I have the same problem with all the aircraft. When I go above 10,000 feet the cabin pressure warning light goes on. When I descend below 10K it goes off. I believe there was a post some time ago from another Fly user who had the same problem. It was never solved.Any suggestions would be appreciated.