Sign in to follow this  

Looking for help with a Fly!II crash problem

I'm trying to check whether a Fly!II crash is due to my model or to a problem within Fly!II itself. Could some kind soul try out the following for me: -1. Move all of the aircraft pod files from Fly!'s aircraft directory EXCEPT Flyhawk.pod and accommon.pod to somewhere safe (not under the Fly!II root directory).2. Start Fly!II and set the number of computer controlled aircraft to the max available (Options menu then Scenery, then Computer Controlled Aircraft slider to max).3. Restart Fly!II and switch between CC aircraft by pressing the "V" key.After a few presses I get an "access violation at address 00749D36" message.Can anyone confirm or deny that this problem happens on their system? I'd be grateful for an indication either way.Restoring all the aircraft pod files to the Aircraft directory should restore your system to normal operation.TIAEddie

Hi EddyYou wrote : a Fly!II crash is due to my model or to Can you explain the crash problem to me .What is the use of asking a program to show CC arcraft who are not available.I think that using the CC aircraft option requires the presence ofALL the standard aircraft.Please explain your problem?Leen de JagerEHRD

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Fly!II selects its CC aircraft randomly from those available. I don't believe that it requires "standard" aircraft to be available. The method I describe ensures that only Flyhawk instances are available. This causes the crash to occur more frequently on my system (I don't know why, I simply want to confirm that this happens on other systems and is therefore not an artefact of my model).Eddie

Guest Eagle

OK Eddie I did as you asked.The first time after setting computer controlled aircraft to max I started Fly and had no errors after pressing the "V" key several times.I then existed Fly and restarted. The cc aircraft was still at max and I pressed the "V" key several times again with no errors.Hope this helps.

I couldn't reproduce the problem either, Eddie.nick

Many thanks for your response Nick,Looks like I have some more investigating to do.I'm not sure whether your interests lie with the "Big Iron" or with GA aircraft but, since you're not seeing this crash, would you be able to beta test my Cessna 152 model? I'd be interested in knowing whether you find any problems.Eddie

Thanks for your help Wayne,At least now I know that the effects I'm seeing are probably down to the way I've been testing my model.Since you're not seeing this crash, would you be able to beta test my Cessna 152 model? I'd be interested in knowing whether you find any problems on a system that isn't crashing with CC aircraft.Eddie

Guest Eagle

Sure, Eddie, I'll beta test your plane. Send it to:wayne@goses.org