Sign in to follow this  

DirectX8 error

Help! Trying to load FlyII on a new PC, have it updated to v230.I am getting a DirectX8 error:Can't select texture moonbgnd.raw, because you did not allocate any 128x128 8888 textures in render.inimy render ini:[Graphics]mipLevelCount=8vertexIndexFormat=1premultiplyColorAndAlpha=1allowAutoMipMapping=1directTextureFlag=1[Textures]maxTextures32=0maxTextures64_565=16maxTextures128=72maxTextures128_565=999maxTextures256=20maxTextures256_565=32maxTextures512=8maxTextures512_565=0maxTextures1024=1mipMapFlag=896maxTextures64=16[NonAGP]maxTextures256_565=0[AGP]maxTextures256_565=0What can I change to fix this? Thanks!!Ben

Doesnt it seem to have the texure and seem unhappy with my ini settings?

Thanks for hanging in there with me. I tried memcalc and used its rec. settings. Now I traded one fault for the next:"Cant select texture suncram.raw because you did not allocate any 256x256 8888 textures in render.ini"What exactly is an 8888 texture? The fly FAQ actually adresses this error message relating to 32x32 8888 texture. I tried the fix it mentioned for this version of the error and it made no difference. Again, I appreciate the help. I know these are the least fun questions on the board here but I am stuck!Ben

This is a copy of my ini[Graphics]mipLevelCount=8vertexIndexFormat=1premultiplyColorAndAlpha=0allowAutoMipMapping=0directTextureFlag=0[Textures]maxTextures32=0maxTextures64_565=16maxTextures128=72maxTextures128_565=999maxTextures256=20maxTextures256_565=32maxTextures512=8maxTextures512_565=0maxTextures1024=1mipMapFlag=896maxTextures64=16[NonAGP]maxTextures256_565=0[AGP]maxTextures256_565=0If you try this please back up your own, Im off to test your iniI have done a search but unable to find your answer yet.Have you added new scenery?SteveMach 2 for fun!My Downloads Are:Liverpool EGGP John Lennon Airport UKhttp://ftp.avsim.com/library/sendfile.php?DownloadID=17455www.yourspaceormine.comhttp://www.btinternet.com/~stephen_g_brown/steve.jpg

I just loaded your ini and checked it with different times of day, and from january to december... with no problemsA few questions...1.Have you got the right direct x for your operating system?2.Have you tried a re install of direct x and or Fly II?3.Does it crash as soon as you open Fly?I have had this kind of fault myself and in the end I Removed Fly II,Defragmented/scandisk too.Then a clean re install making sure your fly disk is clean and free of geese Oh greese even.Mach 2 for fun!My Downloads Are:Liverpool EGGP John Lennon Airport UKhttp://ftp.avsim.com/library/sendfile.php?DownloadID=17455www.yourspaceormine.comhttp://www.btinternet.com/~stephen_g_brown/steve.jpg

BenDon't know if this will help but as far as I know if you havea AMD Processor it dosn't work with Directx 8.1, I have kept mineto Directx 8.0