Sign in to follow this  

Fly! 2 multiplayer ( again)

Here I am, getting ready for a m/p flight on sunday at 18:00hrs.utc and m/p is not working (again).It say's CAN'T FIND SERVER.Please, Please could someone at Tri check on this problem? The server has not worked sense about 10:00p.m.edt. last night. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you (a total Fly! nut)

I get the very same problem.I wrote to G.O.D. support but that's only for Monday-Friday.Then I wrote to Rich about it. I hope he'll get my mail in time...In any case, I do have a Plan B, Fred... Unfortunately that will only be available to those with Fly! or Fly! 2k... I don't have a lot of choice here.Dave

I would like to add that this request is rather urgent...Rich, or anyone, I'd be very happy if you could look into this. Thanks!Dave

David, I was going to fly! the reno air races with wayne smith a month ago with some super scenery when the server went down. I guess I'm not supposed to commit to a m/p flight oh well, I guess there is always vatsim & s/b although it might keep the numbers down. Please please someone re-boot the server( I hope that's all it needs). See you in the air( I hope).

Hmmm... And BTW my mail to Rich hasn't been delivered yet due to server failure... :(Dave

I just PMed RHarvey, if that would help anything... I suppose not.In any case, I suppose you all should prepare for doing a Fly! flight... That's the best I can think of right now and it will not be without problems... First of all, I cannot host, since my copy seems to be screwed up... And I am not sure I can even join a session correctly. In any case, I have two nice guys who are willing to host. So if I have to leave it to them, have a nice one and I will probably be on IRC after the flight.I will send out more information via e-mail in about one hour. Make sure to check your e-mail boxes once again before trying to connect to the Fly! II multiplayer server.Every single piece of information you'll need, should be available here:http://flightboards.4gigs.com/events.shtmlI apologize for all this, although I'm not the one to blame. I've done everything which is in my power to avoid this - with other words, nothing. I cannot reboot the server, I cannot host a server... So, I am just hoping this will go over in time, although I fear it will not.In any case, I hope you will not make any big deal of this. There will be more events, probably as soon as next week. Although it would be better, from a support point of view, to host a flight on any day from Monday to Friday, that will not work out practically, due to timezone issues. Saturdays and Sundays is what we have, I suppose.Anyone who is able to contact Rich or indirectly fix the server, please do it! Only seven (7) hours remain now.Cheers,David

Sorry, it simply isn't fixed yet and it will most likely not be until Monday... So my decision is this:The Fly! II flight is moved until next week, or the week after that.Meanwhile, those who have Fly! or Fly! 2k are welcome to fly now, at 20:00 UTC... Same time, but another flightplan. KCOS-KDEN.Anyone out there who can host without any major problems, please go to the Fly! flight board now, and post a flight:http://flightboards.4gigs.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?section=flyAgain, I've said this a thousand times today... Sorry for all the mess.Dave