Sign in to follow this  
Harald_Kraft

Power Conditioner Lever and Flight Sim Yoke USB

Hi all,I can't get the PCL to map to any of my yoke's levers. Has anyone successfully done this or are the PCLS simply not mappable?Cheers, Tony

Guest dajackman

I have the same problem...Hopefully someone knows a fix!

Guest Fly II Pilot

Tony,The PCL is not mapped to any axis. A DLL program such as Lefteris' Spoiler.dll, which maps the spoiler to one of the available axis, should be created to allow this. I have no idea how to create a DLL nor whether or not Lefteris would be willing to share the source for the Spoiler.dll so somebody can duplicate it; it's part of a PMDG product.Regards,Alejandro AmigorenaSyracuse, NY

I have brought this up before. It is a feature that would enhance my flying experience.I believe Lefteris responded to when I posed the question.

Hi Alejandro,It's something that I've already given thought to. I didn't want to go off and write a bunch of code if I didn't have to. But since it seems that I do, I'll try to whip up a dll that will drive the PCL for the Pilatus and the TBM 700 sometime this week or next. Cheers, Tony

Guest Fly II Pilot

Tony,Here's a response from Chris Wallace in the Beta forum back in April regarding this same subject."Alex,This would be possible, but a bit limited...because the condition, spoiler, etc. controls are not mapped internally to standard joystick axes, or any "standardized" interface for that matter, the DLL would have to know the exact subsystem to message for each particular aircraft. Condition levers could be hard-coded for the B200, but if another aircraft were created that didn't use 'Idl1' and 'Idl2' as the unique IDs of the condition systems, then the DLL wouldn't work. Or if a 4-engine turboprop were developed, then the DLL would still only control 2 engines. The inherent flexibility in the Fly! II system architecture is a double-edged sword; on the one hand it allows the aircraft designer complete freedom to put together whatever building blocks that she wants, on the other hand, it makes it difficult to implement "generic" behaviour that works across all aircraft, because every aircraft if fundamentally unique!!This is a good idea, but I think it would be better addressed by either enhancing the spoiler DLL (LK you listening? ) or through a change to the base Fly! code to introduce a bunch of new joystick axes.Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada"Hope this helps.Regards,Alejandro AmigorenaSyracuse, NYAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMGeForce 3 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Thanks Alejandro!I actually have a plan for the multiple aircraft/subsystem problem. My idea is to provide a configuration file that maps aircraft/subsystem to axis. Multiple aircraft/subsystems could be mapped to the same axis or to separate axes. In fact, I suspect this is really just a generic Spoiler.DLL--one that I hope will solve this problem for the wide variety of aircraft out there.The downside to the design that I'm pursuing is that create the configuration file will be a largely manual affair. Moreover, it won't be that easy to configure. As Chris points out, you'll have to know the exact subsystem id for the control that you want to map. Of course, I'll provide a variety of standard mappings that can be incorporated. Maybe I'll provide a configuration utility--then again, maybe not. :-)Cheers, Tony

tonyI think, it would be a real enhancement to fly, if you provide us a DLL for the PCL's.HaraldYour logbook an checklists are 1st class add-on's, which i have been waiting for since i prchased FlyII.