Sign in to follow this  
Mac_Paint

Southwest 737-500 Repaint Teaser

I've just done up the olive Soutwest 737. As you can see the rudder texture mapping is the main issue with doing liveries like this. I'll release this as is if anyone wants it.Pete

I would like this pete. My email address is ekg98@indy.rr.com

I also figure pete I dont worry about errors so much in freeware. I say hay if you want it better you make it. Your getting free stuff.

OK. Let me change the glare panel in front, Reduce the size of the text on the rudder and make the frame around the windows a little heavier then I'll try to email it to you. It may be too big to send and if so, I'll have to post it on the AVSIM server for you to download.Pete

Guest Fly II Pilot

Pete,Have you talked to Giorgio about this? Any chance he can modify the model so you can have two different textures for each side of the tail?Giorgio???Thanks,Alejandro AmigorenaSyracuse, NY

I did speak with him but he's not planning on re-doing the tif. He has little control on how Fly!s model manager makes this tif so unless he finds a way to create an additional rudder texture, we won't be seeing duel rudder surfaces.Pete

Doh! I had forgotten about Jean having similar issues with his early models.Jean, if you're out there can you give Giorgio some guidance on creating the second rudder surface?Giorgio, If you don't mind I've invited Jean Sabatier to lend some advice on creating that second rudder texture.Pete

Hi Pete, I said you, time ago, you can find two side rudder mapped in the next release of this plane with other new features, a little of patience my dear :-) (..can you wait the next release? I)Giorgio gnesda

Pete,remember, when I'll release the next version of the plane (two side rudder mapped)you'll must remake all your previous repaints of it. How many double side repaints have you to do really, ok?I wait your reply.CiaoGiorgio

Hi Giorgio, The Southwest are the only two liveries that I've started. Once your next 737 is released with duel rudder surface's that would allow me to do repaints for KLM, Virgin Blue, BMI, Delta, USAir, JetBLUE, etc.Not rushing you. Take whatever time you need, plenty of work for me to do eleswhere's.Pete