Sign in to follow this  
Guest nycflyer

A symbolic airport to add...

Guest nycflyer

KFFAFirst Flight Airport, Kill Devil Hill (Kitty Hawk), North Carolina.This was where the Wright Brothers first achieved powered flight. The paved strip was obviously added later. Too bad it's not in the Fly database. I flew in there about a month ago and managed a few photos in the haze. The runway is lined with 40' trees, which makes for a handfull in windy situations. It was docile for me.http://www.nonmusic.com/FlyII/KFFA_final20.jpghttp://www.nonmusic.com/FlyII/circling_monument.jpghttp://www.nonmusic.com/FlyII/nags_head_1000.jpg-----------------------Scott CannizzaroPPASEL-KTEB

Guest Eagle

Hi Scott - Beautiful pictures. I have been there many times in a plane and by motorhome.I don't understand when you say it is not in the Fly database. In the flight planner type in FFA and the airport will come up.Look for scenery later this week. Can I use your pictures?

Guest nycflyer

Perhaps I looked it up under KFFA....I have more pictures If you really want to work on the airport.-----------------------Scott CannizzaroPPASEL-KTEB

Guest ben_

WayneIs it possible to use Vin's lighthouse as a similar structure?Is there a hill in Fly!2 scenery? (Haven't had time to check this week)Ben

Guest Eagle

Scott - Would you like to preview the airport before I upload to AVSIM? You would have the distinct privilege of being the first to see it (besides myself, or course). Your comments would be invaluable.Ben - I can incorporate the lighthouse perhaps by placing it close to the airport, but near the water. I am not providing scenery for the entire city of Kill Devils Hill. Tell me where to find it.

Guest nycflyer

I would love to check it out...Didn't know if you knew it or not, but the monument is actually a large white stone air racing pylon.-----------------------Scott CannizzaroPPASEL-KTEB