Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fly II Pilot

To all aircraft designers

I have noticed something in some of the aircraft that everyone has created. The new aircraft 737 md80 and such. I will not bother him because they are not finished. But some of the aircrafts view points are not right. I try this by looking out the side windows and lineing up with a line or something. In the 747 the cockpit is back by the wings. Is this a user fixable issue or does the aircraft designer have to fix it?

Guest Fly II Pilot

Make sure you're not in Slew Mode when you test this. I'll take a look at this myself but it didn't seem wrong to me...Will let you know.Regards,Alejandro AmigorenaSyracuse, NY

It happens to lots of aircraft that I have. All of them are homebuilt tho. PMDG 757 has correct positioning. Try taxing upto something with slew and look out in the cockpit it will be off the mark by say 10 feet or sometimes more. In the 727 the cockpit is positioned like it is in the hawker about. Its right about 5 ft after the wings.

Guest Fly II Pilot

William,You were right. I tested this with Georgio's MD by lining up the cockpit window with the edge of the touchdown marks at SFO. Then I went inside and looked to my left. Sure enough it was way on the back.The good news is that you can fix this and it's pretty easy. Just unpod the .CAM file for the source aircraft (e.g. most -if not all- of Pete's repaints are based on the American Airlines model so that's the one you have to use) to the WORLD directory within Fly! II and make sure that you have the searchPodFilesFirst=0 in your Fly.ini file.Then you can start playing around with the values for the SEAT LACATION or set them to the actual number if you have it. Attached is how my new MD80AA.CAM file looks like. Right here you can also change the angle of the other views. For example, the upper left view is at 325

I used your file. Its awesome now! I can actually feel where the nosewheel is above the ground before the tail. Its like your goal is to get the tail airborn. I find the ground handleing to be very close even if he didnt try to make it yet. I work at Indianapolis International and I have watched american md80s taxi and they are very agile. A pilot was kinda ###### beucase one of the american eagles wouldnt get out of the way on the ramp. He came on the ramp and bused a complete 360 and went back the way he came.

Guest Fly II Pilot

Are you using the CH Pro Pedals USB? If so I have something you'll definitely like...Also, attached is an updated version of the file. I placed a container's edge outside the cockpit so that it's edge would coincide with the left view. I also raised it to what would be the pilot's view. Now it's right on and it looks pretty good. Tell me what you think about it now. It was too high below, way too high.Regards,Alejandro AmigorenaSyracuse, NYAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMGeForce 3 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Guest Fly II Pilot

The actual name is 747_3.CAM and it is from the Iberia POD. If you're using the new 747 panel there will be a conflict so you may want to disable it and use the default panel for the 747. Just put the attached file in your WORLD folder.Now it's much easier to make turns while taxiing and easier to flare during landing. Try it out and tell me what you think.Regards,Alejandro AmigorenaSyracuse, NYAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMGeForce 3 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB