Sign in to follow this  
Guest captbulldog

w00t! Building up my hours!

Guest captbulldog

I finally went up for another lesson in the air, 1st time in about 2 years! First time for me in a 172's left seat and I wasn't used to how heavy it is. It's been so long I felt like an idiot (oh yea! You HAVE to push the button on the mixture knob to push it in. NOW I remember! :-hah). It was bumpy and gusty up there today so I really had to fight the plane on my way down (not to mention the poor visibility. I got the visual to land at 4nm). And with a heavy plane like that, it was hard to keep her on approach with gust winds throwing me several curve balls. I'm a small guy so my left arm got a work out today. I think I'm more suited to fly in a 152.The landing was fine at the end; but oh well, it was an experience. :) So far I'm still building up hours...err...slowly.(and err..yeah..you get to see my pic :-eek) PS. I intended to take a pic of me landing but obviously the vis is pretty bad so I snap a pic of my approach but can't see much. After that pic both my instructor and I were busy taking her down so I didn't have time for a pic.Whew, I'm done! :)EDIT: I forgot to say..OH WOW! It feels so good up there especially that I haven't flown in 2 years. I LOVE FLYIN'! Lookin' forward to get my PPL. I finally going to have some time!

Guest Bjorn

Hi Preston!Long time......I really envy you, getting up in the air :-)I'm still waiting to get some time left so that Ican take a trial lesson on our local airport nearby (ESGP).When I do, I will make a post about it :-)Take care,Bj

Great pics, its taken me back a few years. Not been behind the controls for a long time myself. I have done Aerobatics too at Warton Airport UK, and took controls when I was at RAF West Wrainham in the south/east of England.Keep it up, & send in the pics I love thatSteveMach 2 for fun!My Downloads Are:Liverpool EGGP John Lennon Airport UK.http://ftp.avsim.com/library/sendfile.php?DownloadID=17455EGNR Hawarden (Chester) Airport UK.http://ftp.avsim.com/library/sendfile.php?DownloadID=18370www.yourspaceormine.com http://www.btinternet.com/~stephen_g_brown/steve.jpg

Congratulations on your flight. I really hope you can continue towards your PPL. I have my first lesson today, so maybe we'll be in this together! Its a wonderful dream to fly and I hope you can accomplish it.

Guest captbulldog

My first flight was when I was 11 in the right seat of a 172. Loved it! I've been taking "unofficial" lessons about once a year since because I never had time for long-term lessons. Now I may have time for one day a week, so I'm gonna see what the cost is.I hope that I'm actually going to get started with my flight school soon. It's exciting just thinking about it :)