Sign in to follow this  

Road Traffic for Fs2002

As you i expect to know I am making Road trafic for Flight sim and I am looking for the top down views of roads that I need .Do anyone know a website where these are found please?With vehicles on them from diferant hights.I am animating the roads but am needing real Photograph textures .If any person can help I shall be oh so happy :)Anniette xxxxxxxxxxx

Try Mapquest.com and type in an address.When you get the map view, there is a tab that shows arial photos of the map location.If there is not a tab, then that means there is not an overhead view of that particular map location.Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

THank you for that Steve :)Anniette xxxxxxxx

Guest JonP01

Alpha,This sounds fantastic. There was only one thing I missed with the passing of FS2000 - and that was the moving car lights on the roads. Do you expect this little add-on to have much of a performance hit?

Guest Boone

What an exciting add-on! Cant' wait...Boone

Yes at the moment I am working on the Animation for roads so is not "3d"cars ,trucks and trains but from the air they should look real traffic moving along roads and traffic with lights for night .The only other way i tryed is Autogen traffic but this looks good on the ground but dooes not move and looks like big traffic jam :)Maby the giant traffic jam is more "real to life" :)Anniette xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anniette,This is fabulous news - I really miss the cars. Bravo!!!:-jumpy

Aniette,I'm a traffic engineer, and use aerial photos on a daily basis. Let me know what you need as far as size and resolution and what types of roads, and I'll get the pics for you. They are from lower level, very clear color aerials and should do the trick for you.MikeKOCFadrian.johansson@kimley-horn.com

that sounds good ,Thank you What part of world is your traffic ?because I am looking at europe and american roads mainly xsept for uk cos they is driving on wrong side lolAny resolution size is not mattering cos I have software to alter these things Many thank yous for your assistance :)Anniette xxxxxxxxx

yeh but for UK roads wouldnt you just inverse the image or flip it horizonally in a paint package?Just a query.....sounds great though what you are doing.Craig Kiltie

The aerials are all from the US, Florida in particular. What types of roads do you want? How large should the section of road be (How long?), and what file format do you need (BMP, JPG). Below are some lower resolution examples of the aerials I work with.MikeKOCF

Hello Mike,Since you are being so generous, I wonder if I might trouble you for some help.I am presently working on replacement ground textures for parts of Florida, using U.S. Geological Survey images at 1 meter per pixel. Very nice, except that they are in black and white. Key Westhttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3cecdb1f3f141a07.jpgVero Beachhttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3cecdb653fa63fa2.jpgI can color them but do not know how close my version is to the real thing. Would you by any chance have sample images from these areas that would give me an idea of the real colors? Thanks for your help.Best regards.Luis

Or if you have it all in color, that would be marvelous. No, sorry, just dreaming out loud.Best regards.Luis

Luis,Let me take a look for the Vero and Key West files. I'll post info later. MikeKOCF