Sign in to follow this  
Guest Josve

EasyJet 737 Pics

Hi Everyone, Just to let you know that Easyjet's technical problems have now been solved, and should resume service shorlty.Regards John

Very nice work John!! Many complimentsGiorgio Gnesda

Hope Sombody's working on a LUTON Airport for that looks greatWayne

(Long) Repodding made easy ;) OK John,I'am assuming you've three folders labeled Art, Models, and World with their files. There are only a few of these that you need for repaints.In the Art folder you need the xxxSHAD.tif file, the xxx.tif file and the xxxico.act and xxxico.pbm files. Put aside any other file from the Art folder until you get the repaint repodded, just in case I've forgotten to include a file.In the Models folder you need the xxx.acm and the xxxSHAD.acm.The Worlds folder you need xxx.lod, xxx.svh, xxx.sit and xxx.nfoSame caveat for the Models and Worlds folders, put aside the remaining files.Now, rename the files in the folders for your repaint such as, in the Art folder you'd have EasyJet7375.tif, EasyJet7375ico.act, EasyJet7375ico.pbm and EasyJet7375SHAD.tif. Do the same renaming for the files in the Models and World folders. Make sure you name these files with the same name. I name the first file then copy and paste to the rest.Now using a text file program you rename the references for the files to point to your renamed files. DO NOT use MS Word for this. Word does bad things and your repaint will not work. On the Mac I used a program named QGE Lite 1.1 which I found by searching Version Tracker. You need a program that will do text search and replace. On the PC I use WordPad.You do not need to change any of the files in the Art folder. You change the EasyJet7375.acm file in the Models folder by selecting the replace menu option in your text program and typing the exsisting name of the aircraft your replacing in the search box and the new name of your repaint in the replace with box. Fo this example say, AirOne.acm would go in the search box and EasyJet7375 would go in the replace with box. You will end up with all references in the acm file changed to point to your repaint. Do the same action with the .lod, .svh, .sit and .nfo files. The .lod file points to the tif files in the Art folder. The .svh I believe is where you change the registration of your repaint and the .sit is where you rename your jet. I may have these reversed but I thin that's correct. Just look for an Airline name in one of thoes files and that is what you change to rename the aircraft and look in the other file for a registration number. These will be located in the first few lines of the files.You should now have all of the files renamed internally and externally.Now comes the podding part. Since the Mac does not have a program to pod the files you can save them as epd files and the still work for the Mac and PC. In fact most of the 747-300 are .epd files so don't worry about that. Search AVSIM Fly! utilities for E. Gorouben, the author of EPD Tools. You'll use EPDConcat to make the EPD file.Lauch the program, navigate to the folder with your repaint and give it a name with a .epd extension. Start fly and if everything went according to plan, you should see your repaint.Menu Icon.This will require you to either use a PC or VirtualPC to create the menu icon. I'm not sitting infront of my Mac right now so when you get to this point let me know and I can either convert it for you or if you've got VPC or access to a PC, give you directions.Let me know how this works.Pete

John, an update:You can safely remove the xxxSHAD.tif file from the ART folder as well as the xxxSHAD.acm file from the Models folder. Not required because it's referenced to the original file.In the World folder, only need three files. They are the .LOD, .SVH and a file with an extension of MSInfo Document on the PC. On the Mac it's a .nfo extension. The .svh is the registration file. The .lod points to the .acm file and the .nfo holds the icon and Airline name.Pete

John, Update #2.Include the .whl file if you find your plane sinking into the runway. I took a flight with the latest repaint I'am working on and tried to land. Even at slow speed taxing down the runway after landing, the nose wheel was high in the air and I'm thinking I may need to include the .wng file. Never noticed this before. Anyone see this phenomena on landing the 737?Pete

Hi PeteThanks for the info, I'll have ago over the weekend and see if I can get this podded up.Thanks for your helpJohn