Sign in to follow this  
michal

Another Fly2 Crash - hard lockup - anyone know what THI

Runtime Error C++C:Program FilesTerminal RealityFly2Fly2exeabnormal program terminationI sure do get tired of all these program crashes :-grrChris Catalano

Hi Chris.Till today I have been running FLY2 on four different computers.It is just a question of memorymanagement.You can say it is FLY2 that makes the problem.I do not agree with that.It is like buying a car without taking drivingslessons.When you don`t steer properly the car is going crash.That`s the great difference between FLY2 and other games andsimulators.So study your computer and understand what FLY2 wants and what your computer can offer.That`s difficult,yes, but a highly sophisticated flightsimulatoras Fly2 is requires more than just playing with the joystick.So read the FAQ`s and experiment.I did it and it worked.When it works with me it works with everybody because I am nothingspecial.GreetsLeen de JagerEHRD

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

>That`s the great difference between FLY2 and other games and >simulators. I read the whole post and I have to say it is one hell of a weird message. I am not sure whether to cry or laugh. Comparing crashing a car due to lack of driving skills with crashing a program testifies to complete lack of understanding how software works (or should work). So let me tell you this - if a production-quality software crashes that is *bad* and if it crashes because of user "mismanagement" that is also *very bad* since this should not happen. Well designed software (specially the popular gaming type) should be immune to misuse. It could stop running, give you warnings/errors, perhaps could freeze on loading due to lack of memory but should NOT crash with C++ runtime error. Whether FLY2 is responsible for Chris' crashes or it is the operating system to be blamed - I have no clue - but saying that software is fine it is just user's fault is .. sorry .. complete nonsense.BTW, maybe the difference between FLY2 and this other sim is that this other sim does not crash *:-*Michael J.

Thank you Michael - I TOTALLY agree! Sorry Leen de Jager - complete nonsense - sorry. Chris

Hallo Michael and Chris.Sorry boy`s.It was not my intention to make anyone angry or so.Excuse me if I did.The only thing I wanted to tell is that FLY2 CAN RUN PERFECTLY.If you say a perfect program does not crash and gives a minimum of errors I absolutely agree with that.Fly2 needs special care , IT SHOULD NOT, but it does.Fly2 is a special case ,when I compare it with a car , Fly2 is hard todrive and needs some extra attention.Driverslicence only will not do , you have to be a little a mechanicas well.We cannot change FLY2 as it is and when we want to use it , and I do,it takes extra care and knowledge.Years ago a had an english car ( Austin Glider 1967 )and most of the time I spent under the hood and under the vihicle.In that sense it was a bad car.But it gave so much joy ,it was the best car I ever had.GreetsLeen de Jager:-lol

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest Josve

I've also runned Fly2 on 3 different computers.All of them built by myselves.And I havent had one problem that wasn't coused by myselves :)It's right what Leen says.....Fly2 needs some special care to run properly.A lot of ram,a very good videocard,and a cpu that can get the most out of it.Johnny"I'LL BE BACK"[div align=center]http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/fly2/vas.gif][/div

Hi Leen,I now better understand your message. No hard feelings. Actually the stability of FLY2 was never my problem. On my 3 year old computer it never crashed (at least I don't recall it). I do have however other design issues with FLY2 but this is a different story not worth repeating. :-) Regards,Michael J.