Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

Just can`t do it !

I`ve tried again and again, but still cannot get the paint shop to open or convert the file TIF to open with p s pro3.1 Keeps saying error, invalid format , cannot load tif Can some one please explain in detail , how to use a TIF file in Paint shop pro 3.1. also, sorry i have to ask the same questions over and over , but i guess I`m too stupid to be smart.thanks for your feedback. Jeff Akins:-scatter please need DETAILED instructions:

Guest rene_35

Hi Jeff,I hav'nt the answer about PsP-3.1 which is an old version, but I can give you a mean to "go around" you problem by using the tool "flygraphics10.zip" (download it on this site)by Elrond Elvish.With it, you can convert each type of picture files used by Fly! (including TIF, PBM, BMP, JPG, ....)in another type of pictures.A window show the pic on which you are working.After save the format of your choice, you can modify it with PsP and return to this tool to convert it in its original format (pay attention about the size).If nobody find a "direct" solution, this is a good manner.Ren

Hallo Rene and Jeff,Rene I am sorry to say but Flygraphics CAN`T open or converttif-files.When I started repainting I had the same problem.It can open and convert the other types but when you try to open a tif-file the program freeses.Try paintshop Pro 7 and it will work OK.GreetsLeen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Sorry Rene,You do not need to prove it.When you say it I believe it,that`s not the problem.But with me it does`nt work.A time ago I asked about his at the forum and others told me to have te same problem with Flygraphics.So I assumed it was a bug in the program.This learns me again to know or not to know but. never assume.I am a little ashamed now.My apologies.Greets Leen de Jager:-shy p.s. Please read the e-mails I sent you today. something has gone wrong with the R163 zip on the Simvol-pages.

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Thanks Rene for looking into it.Nevertheless i`ll keep modest in the future.To know or not to know ,you know?Don`t forget the R163 zippy.Greets from a very wet Holland.Leen:-wave :-wave :-wave :-wave BTW : I like your Loading Screen project.I have made one for myself ( and for the one`s who want it )withfour Pa19`s.( L18`s )Openingscreen : PH-WAPLoadingscreen : R163transforming in the same scenery, to:Loadingscreen2 : P-BOERClosingscreen : Ue (the yellow bird ) flying to the horizon.The R163-warbird ( fading away ) and the P-BOER ( appearing ) and the yellow warbird leaving the scenery at last is quiet symbolic.Fun instead of war.It should be as simple as that in real life, as it is in manupulating FLY2.2nd ps:A ps should be brief,I know,sorry.

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Hey guy`s i really thank you for answering ,But i need DETAILED instructions from start to finish. ! I know thats a lot to ask, but i would be most gracious to whoever helps with name marked in uploads in capital leters, And also would love to LEARN.!!! Thank you Jeff Akins

G'day Jeff,I had never done any repaints until I started with Fly! II. There is a very good tutorial on repainting for Fly! II at www.fsterminal.net The tutorial covers all the files that need altering and how to rename and repod repainted aircraft files.Unfortunately it assumes you know how to use your paint program so the actual painting is not mentioned. Repainting is akin to painting jigsaw puzzle pieces whilst they are in a jumbled state. It's not too hard once you have a go and get a few under your belt.Stay away from pure black (0,0,0), this colour is reserved by fly! II for transparency.You need a good paint program. I use Photoshop 5.0 but you don't need the full version of photoshop. Photoshop Elements will do just as well. I don't know about Paintshop Pro, but believe it is also suitable, at least the later versions. Don't know about 3.1 though. Whilst the default tif files in fly! II are indexed colour files and you need to convert them to RGB so you can paint them. Fly! will actually accept and work with the tif files in RGB format but for memory considerations its best to convert back to indexed colour tif files before poding up the repaint. The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step :-)Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Hallo Jeff,You are asking how to convert to RGB.JUST READ THE MANUAL.Your question has nothing to do with repainting aircraftfor a flightsim.You have to have some elementary knowledge on painting-programs first.When you have that and you have specific repainting questionsI`ll be glad to help you.Don`t try to be a canary without singing-lessons.Keep trying, repainting is great fun.I just begun myself.YoursLeen de JagerEHRD:)

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Thank`s leen , buy the way your doing really nice work! Jeff Akins

Well thats a problem...I wish someone had emailed me and let me know about this... I don't browse the Fly! forums often, so was unaware that any such TIF problem existed.I'll look into what may be happening here and get back to you all. Ren

Rene & Elrond :)There is a problem with fly graphics loading the tiff`s I`ve tried forever , even put the files in the seperate folderthen put in another folder.Ran fly graphics but could only convert the file , Not preview. I wish i knew how to do that?ANYWAY, I went and bought the full version of Paint Shop Pro version7.0 Anniversary Edition. Open a tiff file and that does work. Now to read up a little more And I`ll be ready. And thank you to all of your support:your a great bunch of simmers. And would not want to be any where else but here THANK YOU !! Jeff Akins:-yellow1 :-abduct

Hi Jeff,Yes, TIFF files are such a hard format to support properly in a free application because it really isn't "just a format". Its the weirdest concoctions of sub-formats that can (and does) contain so many different extensions to support so many types of internal storage that its bewildering. It supports images that can be uncompressed, PackBits compressed, JPG compressed, LZW compressed (think GIF format), Zip compressed, bits from 1 to 64 and all steps in between (whereas BMP supports only 8 or 24 bits for example), multipage/image storage (such as alpha channels as the example above seems to be) including thumbnail support, MSB or LSB bit formats (eg: Motorola or Intel bit ordering), FAX support of many types (eg: CCITT Fax 3 & 4 formats), Grayscale-RGB-CMYK-YCbCr-CIELab color formats, GeoTiff for storage of Geographic information (such as projections, datums, etc), etc, etc, etc. The list goes on and on! :-(So, what I'll probably do is implement a commercial TIF support package within the tool. I had planned on releasing the source code to Fly!Graphics at some point once I cleaned it up a bit: thats why I chose to implement my own TIF routines. But it looks like Fly! supports more formats than I thought. So, I'll rip that out and plug something ready made in that has support for almost all the formats (except, possibly, LZW compression since you HAVE to obtain an extremely expensive license from UniSys to provide that support - but I'll see what I can do). That of course means the source won't become available, but since I hadn't done that already, no big loss I guess... Beyond the principle.Anyway, just thought I'd explain why Fly!Graphics seems to be having a problem with some of the TIF images in Fly!.Take care,Elrond