Sign in to follow this  

Czech Airlines repaint... new in this game :-)

Hello all, :-)This is my first ever Fly! II repaint so I would just like to know what you think. (I've done one in Fly! 2k before.)It's OK if you start noticing everything that's wrong etc... But don't yell at me please. ;-) Here it is... And, oh yeah... Please tell me if it's worth uploading, or what I need to do to make it "worthy".Edit: 737-500 from Giorgio Gnesda. Nice model, mate. :-)Ciao,Dave

Great job, are you going to upload it so we can have it too.I would like it in my hangar. Im also a big fan of Giorgio's aircraft.StevieMach 2 for fun!My Downloads Are:Liverpool EGGP John Lennon Airport UK.http://ftp.avsim.com/library/sendfile.php?DownloadID=17455EGNR Hawarden (Chester) Airport UK.http://ftp.avsim.com/library/sendfile.php?DownloadID=18370www.yourspaceormine.com http://www.btinternet.com/~stephen_g_brown/steve.jpg

Thanks. :)Yea, I'm probably going to upload it. I'll just see if there is any polish I can do (I know some things that should be fixed but don't know how yet :-)).Dave

yeah nice job, and it seems your father ahead in your work than i am, Just cant seem to get the tiff file to open. and when it does the errors start to play havock with me :dont know why! Jeff Akins:-cool

G'day Dave,Very nice repaint mate. By all means upload to the library, it will be great to be able to download it. Don't know anything about the livery but it looks good so there can't be too much wrong. Hope to see some more of your work in the future.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

G'day Jeff,Been following your plight quietly mate as I don't have psp 3.1 but you were saying that the tiff format was unrecognised.Does your paint program recognise indexed colour files? The tiff files in Fly! are indexed colour files.Just a thought.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Very beautiful work Dave!! Compliments to you :-)Giorgio Gnesda

Ah, compliments from the Man himself. :) Thanks.The major thing is that the gear doors below are shown in grey... And I tried to repaint the areas around in grey, but they stayed white... So I'm quite confused... Hehe. But anyway, I'll see if I can do something about it or I will just upload it straight away.Again, thanks all for your compliments. :)Dave

Hi Dave,I mapped B737 gear doors with the wings material, but you cannot to paint them without to modify wings or part of them. Sorry:-(A dear regardGiorgio Gnesda

Yea I noticed that, unfortunately... And that's why I tried painting the stuff around those. But I must have been painting the wrong thing somehow... :-hmmmDave

Ah...The pitfalls of repainting! As you get deeper into this, you'll suddenly realize you've become addicted! It's good to get opinions on what you're working on but remember, if it looks good to you and you fell you've done everything you can think of to capture the effect you're going after, then it's done! The more of these you do, the better your technique will become and the more detail you'll start to include. Never be afraid to experiment, you can always redo something.To everyone starting repaints,Welcome to our small world of Fly! repaintersPete

Tada!!! :)After fighting some PODs, I can finally announce my aircraft is up! My name will be enlightened on the AVSIM front page again... etc. :)Enjoy guys! Going to take a coffee break now, except I don't drink coffee. ;)Cheers!Dave :)

Hej Dave !!it's really great repaint !!now I can fly an airplane which I often see flying over my house !!!Great job !!!OndraCzech republic