Sign in to follow this  

CH Yoke

Fly! folks - I'd like to hear your comments about this product, good and bad, and wonder if you'd please visit topic 9200, my poll post over at the FS2K2 general forum.I've had a couple of "duds" myself and I'm beginning to wonder if there is a quality control problem, in which case I'd like to be able to ask CH to pay attention to the matter.I am not "axe-grinding" at all - I'm very glad we have the CH Yoke - I just want to make sure CH are deivering the quality we deserve for a fairly expensive product.Thanks and RegardsPH

Guest Henri W

PH,I have been using the serial port version for two years now. It works like a charm. I am extremely satisfied with it.Best regards,Henri

I have usb CH Yoke and pedals for over a year now and have not had the first problem.

Guest Fly II Pilot

Phil:I've been using the CH Flight Yoke USB and CH Pro Pedals USB since they first came out and have never had a problem.Not sure what kind of problems you're having. Are you sure it's not the software?Regards,Alejandro AmigorenaStratford, CTAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMGeForce 3 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Thank you all, early replies all say we're glad to have it, but some regret the build quality.Alejandro, my first unit soon developed it's own behavioral problems, which I call uncommanded control inputs visible whern flying and in the Windows calibration utility where the cross hairs went wandering off on their own. Thanks to CH's excellent replacement policy I received a replacement today, only to find when performing a 'full and free' control check (all the way around the full extent of movement), the internal springs go 'boing!' and something catches inside - like a spring is loose and hooking something.I don't have a software problem - the unit was recognised by Windows and FS2K2 (I also have Fly!ll :)) without any CH software.Most have said "I've had this thing for X years with no problems" - if I found from your replies that recent purchases were unsatisfactory (X weeks/months) I was thinking of asking CH to look at quality control - but so far so good.Thanks again,PHEDIT - I just did a gentle "full and free" check again - "boing", ping, tinkle, rattle - this one's going back on Monday.

Thank you all for replying.16 replies over at MSFS2002 forum, and beyond some regrets about the general plastic appearance of the Yoke there seem to be no trends towards hardware failure within the unit.This is reassuring, and thank you all.Happy flying!PH