Sign in to follow this  
Guest chezz

How's this for realism?

Guest chezz

I'm working on terrascening this part of the globe but need a hand to activate and place the runway of the Kai tak airport. HKIA is still a work in progress (need also help to make the taxiways)and will match the water texture of the hkg harbor and airport will be aligned to the runway and hopefully will be uploaded soon.Your comments please?Thank you.chris salviejorpll

Hi ChrisThat looks amazing.Well done. I am very much looking forward to the finished product.RegardsAlfred

Guest Paul Brooks

Hi ChrisIf you use a program called TerraShape obtainable from the Avsim library, it is possible to create a layer in TerraScene that shows only the position of the runways in the FlyII database, then you position your scenery on top of the .tga that TerraScenery produces.Hope this helpsPaul

Guest chezz

Hi Paul,Kai Tak is not in FLY II database, in FLY! it was there. I still have to learn how to add runway then but in the meantime I'm still learning how to terrascene it correctly.Thankschris salviejo

ChrisLooks like your doing a great job. Getting the runways to line up with the Photo real scenery is not an easy thing to do.

Guest chezz

Hi Meco,Indeeed it's not an easy job to line up the runway to photo real scenery it's take a while because you have to terrascene & re-terrascene until it's lined up, i hope there's an easier way to do this. (BTW hongkong international airport was done having 1/3 only of the airport real photo as reference, it takes awhile to complete the island ;) )Thanks.chris salviejo

ChrisYou only had a photo real reference of 1/3 of the airport! That is amazing. How did you do it?

Guest chezz

Hi meco,I drew missing area manually and an entire airport was created from a fraction of a photo :-lol cheerschris salviejo