Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

planes won't load on the original FLY!

I have downloaded planes from AVSIM library, but the planes will not load. I get an error saying PBG pmapfeul.pbg next line file C:flightflightcockpitPkbitmap.cpp line 2803 and 2599. can some one help me. also i need help with fly2 frame rates when i start flying i get frame rate of 4.00 can you help with that please.

I'll assume this is for Fly! II and not Fly!2K, which require different aircraft. If you're downloading repaints, make sure to also install the original aircraft the repaints are based on. The readme files for the repaints should list the requirements needed to use the repaint. Also, make sure your copy of Fly! II is patched to .230. You can find information at the top of this forum if you need help on patching. If you're good to go with the above info then you need to post more detailed info on what you were trying to do when you got the error. As for framerates, you also need to provide what type of computer with the specs, drivers, etc. before you'll get any helpful information.Pete

Airman,You say "Original Fly!" - which version would that be? Fly!I? Fly!I patched to 1.01.87? Fly!2K? Fly!I or Fly!2K patched to the SDK 1.01.88 level? Which aircraft have you downloaded? In what order were they installed?Your frame rate problems are due to a combination of the following: improper video drivers, unoptimized VCF file, render.ini settings, and graphics settings. We'll need to know the following: type of card and memory, driver version, copy of VCF file, copy of render.ini file and a listing of your current graphics settings.If you can supply this information, we can take a big step toward helping you resolve your problems.

Randall Rocke

Hi. My video card is on board video card, and the maker is intel. so i don't have an AGP slot on my motherboard. so how can i tweak the frame rate settings and and video settings.

Still waiting for the rest of the info on your system and Fly! version before I can help you. Also need to know video RAM. Not having AGP means you won't be able to use 32-bit textures.

Randall Rocke

How can I foind oit how much video ram i have and what type of on board video card i have

.If for some reason you don't have an adaptor tab, there should be a tab for the video chip (Intel or other) that also lists the memory.This information (video card/chip and memory) are also the first things to appear on your screen when you turn on your computer and the boot-up begins.

Randall Rocke