Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Southern California scenery by Matt Fox

I just wanted to make a short comment on the SoCal scenery.This fantastic scenery is really a benchmark for Fly!II, isn't it? I mean, when we really wanna take great pics we fly over this scenery. It's been around for a while, yet there are few sceneries like it.Oh, I wish we had more scenery like that. :)John IvanENHD

My best compliments to Matt Fox for this masterpiece.Giorgio Gnesda

>>Oh, I wish we had more scenery like that. :) >Me too! Looks like it got noticed yesterday, by more than just FLY flyers...... on the screenshot forum. :) It's a perfect scenery to show the capabilities of FLYII.L.Adamson

Thanks for the compliment. Although I'm not still actively doing anything for Fly 2, I still peruse the forums every now and then. Glad to see people are still enjoying my work.Matt Fox

Matt,Your scenery has been in my treasure chest since you posted it. I guess we sometimes take for granted that "everyone knows about it". It's the best work I've seen in Fly!

Randall Rocke

Larry,I would have to be blind not to admire your screenshots. So what is my problem ? I could not bring myself to flying outside the boundaries - but those boundaries are there and not very far. For reasons like this I no longer consider 'insert' sceneries an option for my simming. I rather have uniformly 'crude' generic scenery and the only inserts being add-on airports.Are you coming to Avsim/Tahoe ? Rich & Robert R. will be there to speak ... can't wait. Michael J.

Michael,I know what you mean, as I don't fly out of the boundaries either. But I do enjoy graphically realistic looking mountain scenery. As you probably know, my interest in real and sim flight is mountainous areas. Therefore, I'm one that needs all the topography between airports that is possible. The more data-points the better, to capture the feeling of real flight. As to Tahoe, I won't be there. I made a decision between Tahoe, fence for the backyard, or more instruments and exaust pipes for the RV6A. The RV now has "exaust pipes".. L.Adamson

Guest Dean

I could not bring myself to flying >outside the boundaries - but those boundaries are there and >not very far. For reasons like this I no longer consider >'insert' sceneries an option for my simming. Those boundaries are determined by the size of your hard drive and your desire to create detailed scenery with TS2. You could fly over the entire state of CA. with detailed ground scenery and seemless boundaries, if you wanted. That said I tend to agree that the hi-res generic scenery between SFO and LAX is much better in Fly II.

>Those boundaries are determined by the size of your hard >drive and your desire to create detailed scenery with TS2. Dean,I think you missed my point. I was admiring Matt's scenery - this is however not a TS2 scenery. I know how TS2 looks like and personally I don't think it is that great.Michael J.

Guest Dean

Michael,I got your point completly but I didn't realize it was to compliment Matt's scenery since the only compliment was to Larry's screenshots. I believe I quoted and responded to your point which was "I could not bring myself to flying outside the boundaries - but those boundaries are there and not very far. For reasons like this I no longer consider 'insert' sceneries an option for my simming." I think you missed my point. I understand that Matt's scenery is not TS2 but rather photo based and as such is beyond the skill level of the average user to create. My point was that you can have detailed scenery over as large an area as you want without insert scenery and boundaries with TS2. Whether you think TS2 is great or not is a personal opinion. Mine is that it is vastly superior to the "crude" generic scenery of both FS2K2 and Fly II.