Sign in to follow this  

Bell Black Widow issues

Two things w/ the black widow:1. the throttle, after moving from OFF, will only return to IDLE. ( i.e. will not go back to OFF )2. the Center Cyclic light stays on, even after trying to center the cyclic.

Hello,1. Did you press the Idle Release Button? -Just above throttle, it's like in the real 407 to prevent engine offs by mistake.2. Cyclic Center Light doesn't work like described in the manual. It's a kind of bug, but I think this was meant as a help when you touch/leave the ground instead of displaying the joystick center (although I'd like it more this way since I removed the springs...)So this issues apply to all helos in Fly!2. Hope this helps....Regards,Robert:-rotorEDCJ

I was not aware of the Idele Release Button. So now I will use it.Thanks,Kline

Guest Jan

It's a black push button just in front of the throttle grip,upper side.Hard to spot.Also make sure you have the Bellfix v8 installed.Make life easier :)Jan

Thanks, I found it. I believe I have the Bell v88 fix because I have the v88 helicopters avail.Another issue is when the throttle is set to IDLE, engine shuts down. I have to have ~ 40% for engine to maintain running.

Guest Jan

There are some problems regarding throttle,rpm and fadec.I have not focused on these problems yet because of other projects.In the worldfolder you'll find the engine file for the Bell407.(If it's unpodded)Open it and test with new values for the throttle cutoff range and themin. Ng required for self sustained combustion.But I know that Robert"Helibird" have done some tweaking of these systems,and may be more qualified to answer you. :)Jan

Jan is right, I'm trying to tweak the Bell systems since a while. I found some improvements for these engine issues, but there are still other things I'm not satisfied with at the moment (not only the engine).OK, now I write it :-) I release a 407 repaint containing some fixes soon :-) The repaint is nearly complete and I still try to tweak some issues.....Robert:-rotorEDCJ

Thanks to both of you for your replys.I look forward to the repaint.

BTW: I got the cyclic centering light working correctly now :-) I've set the range for the center very small, maybe someone knows how it's in the real 407, in which range of movement is the cyclic centered?And of course the repaint is going on :-) ......Robert:-rotorEDCJ

sounds good.How do you trim the Bell for level flight? I have programed my joystick buttons for the aft & fore cyclic, but an unable to maintain level alt. at cruise speed.