Sign in to follow this  

FLY 2 Crashes with ATC Stack Full Error

Hello folks,Well I've got a problem and it happens after about 30 minutes of running the sim. It doesn't matter wether I'm flying or if I just leave it on the ground.Then it crashes to desktop with the error ATC STACK FULL.Can anyone tell me what this might be and how to cure it.I'm running Win98 SE on a Pentium 3 700Mhz with 3D Prophet II GTS Pro VCard (28.32 drivers)Fly version Build 230.Many thanks,Karl

Karl,Are you using the default ATC? Sometimes it will "overload" - the amount of AI aircraft may contribute to the problem, but I've had this happen without them. I would recommend turning off the default ATC and using something like C4TO (Cleared 4 Takeoff) instead - it's a much better ATC and you will get no more Stack errors. It does not interact with AI, however.

Randall Rocke

>Karl, >>Are you using the default ATC? Sometimes it will "overload" >- the amount of AI aircraft may contribute to the problem, >but I've had this happen without them. I would recommend >turning off the default ATC and using something like C4TO >(Cleared 4 Takeoff) instead - it's a much better ATC and you >will get no more Stack errors. It does not interact with AI, >however. Thanks to both you and Stevie for your replies.. to be honest I am not sure who to use the atc properly haha.. I guess that I am using the default one, as I haven't changed anything reguarding ATC. I did turn the number of aircraft to 0 and I didn't have any crashes. I might be wrong but the electronic manual doesn't cover the ATC at all. I've flown without it, but I do want to get use to it if I gonna do this flying properly.BTW, I've been looking at getting MSFS2002, how does it compare to FLY 2?Thanks,Karl

Hello again :-wave As regards MSFS2002 I have had it for a while now and have had great fun with it. You may have noticed the add-ons are endless. Its a bit sad though that someone made a "paper plane" you can Fly around ???Anyway, Im still not convinced its the best sim, and still use FlyII 80% of the time. Here are a few screen shots of the main menu, inside the dauphin Helicopter & at Hawarden Airport UK.I find its a lot easier to Fly the aircraft & too easy with the Helicopters. If it was that simple we would all have a licence :)But hey Im being very critical here the addons are fab.(pst shhh you have the best sim already!!!)Steve (Who has now left the planet...So dont email me with nasty comments...By By {the noise of lightly running feet in the distance})

Ooooh it looks lovely...Well I reckon I'll get it.. but I love the startup procedure on Fly 2.. sometimes just sitting there and clicking the switches.. lol I'm sad hahaBrilliant.. thanks for the pics...Oh.. PS: Whats the multiplayer side of Fly like? Never flown anything online, and always wanted to... Looks like I'm gonna have a few late nights heeheeKarl

HellllyyyyoooooWell online Flying is great.When Dave sorts out another mass flyin Im ready. I have only done it about 10 times and have had fun knowing the other guys are with you.Steve