Sign in to follow this  

Fly buddies...another personal close one.............

Guest Gregg580

We had another "accurance" in my family this past Tuesday. A female teenager(no offence to anyone), with no permit and a 16 year old unlicened male went 45 mhp (15 mh speed limit) around a curve (police estimate) within our community and lost control. The small compact rubbed my neighbors car, plowed across the lawns sideways, mowing down a small tree, bouncing off my wife's car, and into our house at the master bed room......my wife was sitting on the bed watching her Phillies baseball. No drugs or alchohol were present. Thank God ...no one was hurt, and the I beam that bent saved further damage to the home and injuries to my wife. I don't think she'll see another permit until 21. Now for the fixing and recovering of losses. I will never forget the sound, the house shaking, the clouds of smoke and dust, and the car sticking out of our home. Thanks for listening.......don't take things for granted.....cause you never know. Joan says Hi!!!!!As always.........

Guest DSandberg

Wow ... seems like I've been seeing a lot of things like this (cars plowing into homes) reported on the news programs lately, but never knew anyone that it happened to. Sure is good to hear that no one was hurt!- David Sandberg

Wow! That's got to be unnerving. I hope your wife is doing OK. Say hi to Joan for all us here, and if you have to rebuild that wall put in some steel reinforcement!Rich

Guest ben_

GreggThat must have left you and your wife shocked and relieved. Sounds like you must have built up some blessings :-). Glad you're both safe ( and hope you're insured :-) ).Ben

Guest Gregg580

Yes ....to all three...thanks Ben. Glad my two girls were working...and the boy was down the shore with friends........been known to skate board in front of the house.....nuff said.

Guest Gregg580

Thanks Rich. Will do.... Hope you're doing well.

My God! I hope both those kids go to jail for that but they will probably just get a slap on the wrist. It's good that nobody was injured. If that was my house I would have come out of the house and open a can of whoop-##### on the driver. Put some nice big rocks on the edge of your garden that is clsoe to the street..it will at least slow down if not stop any other NASCAR wannabees.Take careMike