Sign in to follow this  
dkohl

NY Metro package

Guest nycflyer

With Boston out of the way, I can finish revamping and consolidating my NY/NJ/CT airports. My goal is to have it ready by the 11th. If the people who use the current versions could post any ideas or problems to address, I would certainly try to accomodate whatever I could. Here is the list of airports:New YorkHPN (White Plains)ALB (Albany)SCH (Schenectady)POU (Poughkeepsie)SWF (Stewart INTL)MSV (Sullivan County INTL)ISP (Islip)FRG (Republic)HWV (Brookhaven)FOK (West Hampton)HTO (East Hampton)MTP (Montauk)New JerseyTEB (Teterboro)MMU (Morristown)CDW (Caldwell)N07 (Lincoln Park)4N1 (Greenwood Lake)ConnecticutBDL (Hartford Bradlee)HFD (Hartford Brainard)BDR (Bridgeport)HVN (New Haven)GON (Groton)DXR (Danbury)OXC (Oxford/Waterbury)MMK (Meriden)-----------------------Scott CannizzaroPPASEL-KTEB

Scott:Your airports and cities are among the most detailed and accurate created. They are also difficult on framerates (you and I have discussed this at length). In your re-packaging, will you consider "disconnecting" the airports by providing individual SCF and POD pairs?I, for one, find it nearly impossible to fly in the NY Metro area with either of the PMDG airliner products at night. The combined effects of the higher video demands for night scenery, your TM airports/citypacks and the PMDG aircraft bring framerates to the single digits. With any clouds, rates drop to four or five.As a resident of NY (White Plains), I enjoy flying in my hometown. The Boston - Washington corridor is all familiar to me. Hope you'll consider this additional request as you re-release your fabulous airport and city scenery packs again next week.Regards,-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v29.42, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest tonyc

I agree with Dave. Frame rates with my amd 2000+ and PMDG' 757 on approach to Kennedy( with Vatsim) are unacceptable. I was forced to remove the wonderful scenery. There has to be a compromise, but only you know that.tony

Guest nycflyer

I'm aware of what happens around NYC, I think you guys are referring more to the Big 3 (JFK, LGA, EWR). I do have some ideas to streamline them a bit, as well as a new version of the base NYC pod to help as well. Also, I was considering a "LO RES" NYC skyline with minimal detail in manhattan aside from the skyline buildings. These 2 factors should (and are) helping. Those fixes will be around the corner.The airports listed above are from ScottsNY1, NY2, and LI. These smaller airports are all wrapped up into a NY metro POD with a single SCF for the NY metro area. Some are getting facelifts, some are not. In this configuration, I'm getting 20 fps minimum at these locations. These airports all are in the 20-30k poly range.JFK, LGA, and EWR will be released as v2's with more frame rate friendly features and individual SCF coverage definitions. These airports, at their most demanding view are generating 40k poly counts, and with some of NYC in view, that can swell to 60k. OUCH.Incidentally, whenever I'm flying in NYC, which is often, I set Max vis to 20, Med res to 7-8, and hi res to 2. Moving that med res radius down just 1 mile sometimes increases my rates by 10, depending on the circumstances.Have you guys tried Logan? Do you get acceptable performance?-----------------------Scott CannizzaroPPASEL-KTEB

Guest Dean

Scott, IMHO, you might also consider not using building shadows. They are a serious frame rate hog.

I downloaded, but have not yet had time to install/fly in Boston. I've been out of town a lot recently and can't seem to get time on the SIM. But I will let you know.I am looking forward to a more framerate-friendly NYC area. -DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v29.42, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest nycflyer

Everything's getting closer!Compliments of Vin Scimone, a new JFK tower!Also, I added a Verrazano Bridge, and replaced the George Washington Bridge.Teterboro also had a makeover..-----------------------Scott CannizzaroPPASEL-KTEB

:-eekThat looks cool!!! :)Keep up the good work folks!Dave

Call me a one eyed blind paterrapis........... thats brilliantStevie :-bat'The best aid to navigation is having been there before'

Guest nycflyer

Compliments of Vin Scimone.-----------------------Scott CannizzaroPPASEL-KTEB

>>>Have you guys tried Logan? Do you get acceptable >performance? >>----------------------- >Scott Cannizzaro >PPASEL-KTEB Scott,Logan hits my FPS the same way that "the big 3 do" (I have the same problems with the LAX scenery and some of the other older "city-pack" sceneries). The complexity of detail gets the FPS down to unusable levels in night-time flying and flying/taxiing in heavy weather. Adjustment of hi/med res scenery sliders does help a bit.I think a little less complexity in the structure and number of city buildings, and airport details (a few less aircraft at the gates perhaps), might help.Overall, however, these airport and scenery additions really improve the Fly!IIing./Conig

Guest nycflyer

Try Max vis 20Med radius at 8Hi at 2.Have you tried the "Normal" Detail setting instead of "Complex"?-----------------------Scott CannizzaroPPASEL-KTEB

Guest nycflyer

by Vin Scimone.-----------------------Scott CannizzaroPPASEL-KTEB

Guest Wayne Smith

Holy cow!!! Those new bridges are awesome!!! Great work! Regards,Wayne

Guest Wayne Smith

Looks super Scott!! Do you need me to do any further flight testing of the latest build for you? If so, email or give me a call...Wayne