Sign in to follow this  
greggerm

A word on AS2...

Guest tonyc

Those of us who fear the end of FLY need to take a look at AS2 to find how some sims can live forever. AS2 is the (almost) exclusive product of one man with a great vision: to provide the most realistic airline sim to the simmers at large. When one considers the fact that it's a DOS program, it's something to see with respect to flight fidelity and entertainment. The MD83 cockpit, all analog, is a beauty. The sim starts up quckly, it's fast and its career mode, which provides 99 ATC controlled structured and scored assignments engage a simmer for a long time. The price, at $150, keeps the author going. The author is now working on AS3, which will be Windows based, but, in the meantime, I must applaud what one programmer has done for us. FLY2 and on has a similar future....if the dream is there. AS2 also provides a model for a niche product in a very crowded sim field.tony

Guest Eagle

Hi Tony:That is good news and I expect it is a great sim. Could you provide a web site so we can all look?

Even more relevant is the fact that AS started life as the commercial product ATP (Airline Transport Pilot). I can't recall the company's name, but I remember they were based in Champaign-Urbana. It was a very good sim. I still use the large area charts for the USA scenery that came out just before its commercial demise.

The company was Sublogic, originators of MS Flight sim !

Back when it was called just "Flight Simulator"!Flight Simulator II...Jet!...etc etc...