Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hagar

Move FlyII from c: drive to d: drive

I want to move my FlyII install from my c: to d: drive due to space.When I move it, what needs to be changed in the registry, ini, etc.?

Guest pilotsim7828

Let me know if im right ! Isnt your d: Drive your audio drive , And can run off yhe disc. Or do you have it partitioned? Jeff Akins

Guest Colins2

Kmiller,Just move it then - as simple as that:DFly! does not use registry keys even though some may be created on installation.Be aware, though, that some other applications/utilities 'may' use the Fly! registry entries. These would need to be re-configured, or maybe the registry entries edited.In TS2, for example, you would need to run the 'integrate with Fly' option again to point to your new directory, but you could skip the extraction of textures as TS2 would have already done that.Colin

We abhor the registry -- I think it's the single worst "invention" Microsoft ever thought up. To think that your entire hard drive stability rests on the health of a tiny registry file; it's insane!For this reason, the only thing that uses the registry is the installer (to know where to uninstall from), and desktop shortcuts. The application itself never needs to know anything about where it was installed (it only uses relative paths), so you can freely move the Fly! directory to any other directory or drive whenever you want. All of our settings are stored in the FLY.INI and RENDER.INI files, further eliminating need to maintain registry keys, and fully cross platform.Rich

Does this mean that if I want to reinstall my computer I just have to back up my Fly!II directory, and it will work when put back? That's phenomenal! :)John IvanENHD

Guest Hagar

Yes that`s right. Have Fly II on my D drive, and have reinstalled the OS on C: lotsa times without touching Fly II. Makes life easy :)