Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eagle

Richard Harvey, Please

Guest GOODY

Sir:May I E-mail you a problem with FLY!II??I don't like to advertise my stupidity via the AVSIM Forum.GoodyGoody@cableone.net

Guest Josve

No question is stupid in this forum! Over the years I have not a single time seen someone "laugh" about a question.The Fly! forum is not like other forums :)So just go ahead and post your problems!Everybody here will help you if they can!!Johnny"I'LL BE BACK"[div align=center]http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/fly2/vas.gif][/div

Guest GOODY

Johnny:Well you asked for it.1. I was having a problem with slewing. it would give me anerror message and shut down.2 I saved special files I did now want to lose to another drive,3. I installed my US disk over what was left.4. When I boot up I of course had version 152.5. I went to avsim file for patches 152-210 and 210-230.6. The patches fail to install. "Old file not found etc"7. Any suggestions?GoodyGoody@cableone.net

G'day Goody,Fully agree with Johnny. We all wear our hearts on our sleeves in this forum and communication is what makes this forum so much nicer than some other flight sim forums.As to your problem mate 3. Installed the US version over what was left.This is a definite NO-no. Whenever you want to reinstall Fly!II you must clean out all the existing files and directories.The files you have moved to the other Drivedirectories you can keep. They shouldn't affect the reinstallation.Try uninstalling fly! II and then also removing all files and directories under the Fly! II directory not removed by the uninstall program.Make sure that you have no TSR'S operatingJust as a safe guard switch off windows sound.Check the anchored post at the top of the forum for the required patches.Now reinstall Fly!II and add all the patches in sequence without running Fly! II until all patches have been installed. ( if patch #1 doesn't go through WITH NO ERROR WINDOWS then don't bother with the other patches as they will automatically fail. If an error message pops up during patch #1 and you just continue the patch will report back as "successfully installed". This is a blatant lie. For #1 patch to be successful it must go through with no error messages.)Then re-enable sound and transfer all the files you saved back to the relevent directories and hopefully all should be well.If you have further problems Goody then post here in the forum and I'm sure your problem will be solved.Cheers mate,Roger @YSSY

Guest Josve

Here is what I do when something goes wrong,and I don't want to spend time solving it :)I always keeps a copy of a fully patched install of fly2 with all the addons I use on another drive.And when something goes wrong,I just copy the good working copy over the "failed" one,and everything is ok :)Since fly2 doesn't use the registry it's no problems at all :)Johnny"I'LL BE BACK"[div align=center]http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/fly2/vas.gif][/div

Guest pilotsim7828

Yes I`ve Been to msfs forum and have been made fun of, by asking a question , and will never go back to any software made by Microsoft Flight sim. OR the FORUM!!!!!!!!!! But you know ,i have always had the the full support , with out question and. most caring people on this forum! i will always stay here. Thanks to all who make this, the best there is.Pilotsim7828aka:Jeff Akins:)

Guest GOODY

All you fine Gentlemen:Thanks for your help.However I now have version 210 installed.Nevertheless, I cannot get the 230 version to install.It starts ok but comes up with TARGET error and cancels it.Any more great ideas????? I sure hope so.GoodyGoody@cableone.net

Guest Eagle

Don't give up, Bob, that has happened to me several times. I have found that if I have something running when trying to install I will get the error. For instance I save the Fly install programs in a separate directory and use another program to call up the 230 install program. If I do not close the program I used to get to the 230 program I will get the error when trying to install.I hope that makes sense to you. Anyhow keep trying it will install.