Sign in to follow this  

A gift for you all...

Uploaded a gift for you all today.Enjoy!BradDrop in EPD/DBD format (Fly! 1/2k)http://ftp.avsim.com/library/sendfile.php?DownloadID=19646Dex formathttp://ftp.avsim.com/library/sendfile.php?DownloadID=19645Includes a very large update to the Fly! navigational databases based on the ICAO AIRAC cycle of every 28 days. Current cycle: 0209 - Effective 9.5.2002 through 10.2.2002. (6 new countries, 837 new navaids, 29545 new waypoints (yes, gps approaches)) Most records are updated, and have highly accurate LatLon values. Enjoy! (RR)

Wow thanks!!! Just downloaded the data and will try it out very soon! :)Dave

Hi Brad :-waveThankyou very much. Im just downloading it as I write.Stevie :-bat

Guest tonyc

Can the dex files be used for FLY2?tony

YesSorry, I wrote a note about why I uploaded the dbd/epd format. Of course I half whittedly included it inside the zips. heheThe gist of it is, It took me over an hour to import the waypoint dex alone (400Mhz/196MB ram). Also dbimport doesnt seem to be able to import the country updates automated.So for any novice users I just figured it would be way easier to give them the premade epd files. Of course being epd format, it will only be good for Fly! 1/2k users. Fly II users will need to use the Dex.Brad

Guest tonyc

thanks, Brad. This is a great contribution.tony

Thanks a lot Brad!You've done an invaluable work for the community! And I guess it was not quite easy to find your way inside the databases!I have some problems to port the updates to Fly! II. I tried the two ways you suggest:1) from EPD to POD (unpod-repod): Fly! II crashes at startup! I suppose that the dbd format changed between the two versions!?2) I managed to import via DEX files with DexImport 1.2: worked for NAVAID and WAYPOINT (about half an hour for this one! don't forget to check "update DEX size")!)) but didn't work for Country.dex (to GEOGRAPH.pod)Fly! II seems to work without updating the last one, but I suppose some problems will arise in particular situations!Does anybody know a way to update this small reluctant POD file??Cheers!Pascal :+

I haven't tried this file yet, but one thing I am quite sure of...EPD and POD are exactly the same format, only the extension differs.Why I am saying this is because I used the Fly! 2k Scenery Editor to make a POD file. It worked excellently.I don't think what I said had any practical use for now, but I hope it cleared up some things. :)Dave

>Thanks a lot Brad! >>You've done an invaluable work for the community! And I >guess it was not quite easy to find your way inside the >databases! >>I have some problems to port the updates to Fly! II. I tried >the two ways you suggest: >>1) from EPD to POD (unpod-repod): Fly! II crashes at >startup! I suppose that the dbd format changed between the >two versions!? >>2) I managed to import via DEX files with DexImport 1.2: >worked for NAVAID and WAYPOINT (about half an hour for this >one! don't forget to check "update DEX size")!)) but didn't >work for Country.dex (to GEOGRAPH.pod) >>Fly! II seems to work without updating the last one, but I >suppose some problems will arise in particular situations! >The only difference it will make, as far as I "know" is that the few countries that have changed IDs or newly added countries will show up incorrectly in the sim. Not a big deal for most of us.Can you import country.dex via the fly editor? Thats the only way I know of. (Not dbimport, but FlyEdit (which I believe is now built into Fly! II) Thats the only way I found to import the country updates. Sorry im not much help, I only have 2K.Brad

Not sure what would happen if you did something with a navaid that was in a country that didnt exist in the databases.Here are some of the countries that have changed if you'ld like to try using these in a flight/plan.Status cuid cnamAdded YI Yugoslavia,Fed Rep of(Serbia/Montenegro)Added AE United Arab EmiratesAdded TT East TimorAdded RW RwandaAdded NT Netherlands AntillesAdded FK Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)

Thanks a lot for your suggestion and help!I'll see if I can do something with the internal Fly! II tools.Cheers!Pascal :+

Hello Pascal,If some POD and EPD have the same formats (Fly!1) , it's not true between Fly! 1 et 2. The internal header is not the same but DBT and DBD are OK.To convert an EPD/POD version 1 to POD version 2 :- extract DBD file from the EPD with PODview- open this DBD file with VolEdit- save all as a DEX ! - import with DEXimport ! That's allGood dayDidierhttp://www.simvol.org/fly/Logos/logodidier.jpg

Hi Didier!Followed your instruction :When I try to open Country.dbd with VolEdit, I get this error:http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d7c8ab37b5b8cbd.gif(same with State.dbd, also from Geograph.EPD)Furthermore, DexImport deosn't seem to be able to import the Country.dex uploaded by Brad (no problem with the other dex)!!When I try to open the original Fly! II GEOGRAPH.pod, VolEdit says "fichier DBT non trouv

VolEdit does not work with geograph.pod nor DEXimport. D