Sign in to follow this  
Guest pilotsim7828

path plotter works.... Wait ..... wha happened ?

Guest Javier

It really adds more reality to the sim, I will try to upload a mini-tutorial and a sample file from ... say KORD or maybe a smaller airport like KELP.Regards.Javier

Guest pilotsim7828

Thanks Javier; By the way , Your doing a great job: As well AS EVERYBODY is for this sim. Just think, We will have all of the greatness of all the sims combined The planes , That everybody is working on are great ! the scenery is wonderful as the repaints, AND NOW THIS: Dynamic Scenery. Somewhere I read about this in a book i got from the package,But never knew where it was and how to bring it about. GReat Work by EVERYONE Thanks Jeff AKins akapilotsim7828 I`ll look forward to the mini tutorial!!!:-smile12

This is fantastic news! :-) (-: :-) (-: :-) (-: :-) (-:Looking forward to Your tutorial.Andre

Guest Javier

The Tutorial is 99% complete, I just need to add some notes because in most of the cases the Truck is half sunk on the ground, and I need to explain how to adjust the altitude level on the model.Expect to see the tutorial tonight or tomorrow morning.Happy Fly!..ing!Javier "flight" Rodriguez

Guest pilotsim7828

Thank you for the post , Been looking forward to it Jeff Akins aka: pilotsim7828:-outta

I think the fire truck is broken because the model (as it was built in the modeling tool) is aligned incorrectly on the Z-axis. All models must point along the Z-axis (just like aircraft models). If they point along the X-axis, they will always slide sideways. This is probably the reason.Glad you got one to work. I'm sure everyone is very interested in your tutorial.Rich

Guest Javier

Thanks Rich! it is always good to see that you read this Forum and that after all FLY! is not that dead!I just Uploaded the Tutorial, it is not the greatest thing, the key part is just a couple of words but it will take you through the whole process, specially for those who have never tried the Dynamic Scenery.I hope you find it useful. It should be on the File Library now.Take Care.Javier.

I haven't kept up too much on this thread (well, haven't even used a flight sim in quite a while), but I look forward to reading the doc you uploaded. Is this an easier process now that you know how to do it? If so, we need to get some designers to make a nice batch of models to use with the plotter. Think of all of the possibilities!-Brian

Guest pilotsim7828

Javier; Just Printed your tutorial, And wondering where you are getting the, All I Have is < New Path > And Found no import path. Although, I Did manage to save the path to the Path Folder! If you can E-Mail me at - rakins@charter.net Please let me know how you got to this point. Jeff Akins:-zhelp P.S. You mentioned something about keys, What keys if any did you press to make it start its course Quoted in the above post some pages back, Or do you not have to press any keys at all?

Guest Javier

Jeff:The Only Key I mentioned was the Keystoke word and that was on Page 8, when replacing the Altitude Value - while editing the PTH file.On Page number 4 I got both the Path Plotter AND the Path Recorder opened, when I took the Screenshot the List File Window ( the one with the Black Background ) blocked the PATH RECORDER POP UP WINDOW. It is on the Path Recorder where you have to select the IMPORT PATH option ( you can see I did select that option on the same screenshot ) . I AM SORRY for the confusion this screenshot might caused, I didn't notice until now.The options you list on your post are indeed from the Path Plotter Menu.I am no expert writing tutorials, in fact this is my first one - you can tell that easily - but I will be more than glad to help through this Forum or by e-mail, I got my Fuel Truck rolling on the Tarmac and I want everybody to have their trucks or models moving as well.Thanks!Javier.

Guest pilotsim7828

Javier; Can you look at these screen shots and tell me where.? I`m Sorry , I dont mean to play Dumb! But Look at the popup windows Where i selected FILE. Jeff Akins Aka: pilotsim7828:-(

Guest Javier

First of all nobody is Dumb here, you would be Dumb if you don't ask, remember smart people always ask!I got FLY! II Version 2.01.230, make sure you got the same version which by the way is the latest official version and can be found on the FLY II patches section on the AVSIM library (uploaded on 21 Dec 2001 ).I see that your Record Path window is at the bottom of the screen, drag the Path Recorder Pop Up menu to the center of your screen ( you can do this by clicking betweem the window title "Path Recorder" and the "X" and without releasing the button of the mouse move the mouse to position the window at the center of the screen ) you will see the rest of the options next time you click the FILE option on the Path Recorder.Attached is a sample...Good Luck!

Guest pilotsim7828

Javier; No Joy > I did everything you told me to do; But i am missing something here. Is there anyway you could help me out with the code you have? The part (hurts to say) Is in the wrong place my code looks nothing like yours! There is a pic here, Still a static model. Thanks for your explination got that to work on importing path. Now what? Jeff Akins aka:pilotsim7828:-hmmm

Just want to clarify something. Are you getting the moving fuel truck when you first load up Fly?I can get it to work from within the editor and it still moves after exiting the editor, but not on start-up.Daniel

Guest pilotsim7828

Javier has a tutorial on this, He got the model to move in the sim Check the avsim file and look under " Dynamic Scenery Mini Tutorial " By Javier Rodrigez