Sign in to follow this  
Guest pilotsim7828

path plotter works.... Wait ..... wha happened ?

Guest Fly II Pilot

Daniel:If you followed all the steps, it should be working as soon as you load up Fly! II. It's working for me.Make sure you:1) Save the path in the Path Plotter window2) Edit the SCENERYB.S00 file that is created in a subfolder (named after the global tile where you recorded the path, for example D204160) within the Fly! II/Data folder. You have to add the and the recorded path's name as explained in Javier's tutorial.Hope this helps.Regards,Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMGeForce 3 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Guest pilotsim7828

Well, I still did not get the dynamic scenery to work on mine. Dont know what i`m doing wrong ! Followed the Dynamic Scenery Tutorial to the T. Dot the I, And all. Even though i went to do the same, after Reinstalling Fly! II, AGIAN. :) Now I`m faced with another situation!! Did evrything I`m supposed to, But when i hit the Play button In the editor mode, One of the buildings moved on it`s own, Out into the lake. Selected save file-exit. Now, here it is; Got a cpp error- Subsystem not registerd[eprs] File Subsystem.cpp Line 254 Anyone, have you seen this; Jeff Akins , aka:pilotsim7828 This is the plane.. that I love to FLY! II

I can't get it to work either. Anyone else successfull?Daniel

Guest pilotsim7828

Yes Javier and some others have got this to work Great work btw Jeff Akins

Guest Eagle

Been working on this for 3 days with no success and now I am going to quit trying.I also get errors when trying to use the recorder. It appears the error appears when nothing was recorded when using the plotter.Buildings and other items move when trying to use the plotter.Hope others are more successful and will upload a working file perhaps that way we can look at the different files and find out what is going wrong.

Guest Javier

Read my Post Titled "Status on Dynamic Scenery" I have posted my findings and some news! as well as Tips for those who haven't got it yet.Jeff:The reason why I haven't uploaded the file to the library is that I first wanted to check with you how it works or if it works at all. As far as I know there is no need to add builings in order to get the truck moving.I will upload the sample file now..Regards.Javier.

Guest Eagle

I have to eat my words. Right after posting the above message about quiting I started up Fly and by goosh the fuel truck started moving and I had not been drinking. I have even substituted airplanes and all move. The planes backward, but what the heck, they do move around the airport.It is being beta tested as I write and hopefully will be uploaded with my new Whitehorse Airport.

Guest Javier

Hey Eagle!:-yellow1I am glad you got it right! I hope more FLYers! will join you soon.At least we have one more option, the planes are moving backwards, than means we can put planes simulating push back maneuvers at the terminal. Now we have to see how the push truck moves, if it moves backwards too then we have the complete set ! I hope someone is doing the right models to be used with the Dyn Scenery. In other words, that somebody is fixing the models with the correct Z Axis.TIP: When you are editing a dyn model that you previously placed , make sure the red cross ( or hairlines ) is on or very near to the model, for some reason the center of the red cross is considered the center of the object or dyn model, if you have the red cross too far from the model and click the model instead the red cross what you are doing is clicking on the scenery, the whole scenery (including buildings ) is then selected and starts to blink, whatever move you do it will affect all the models on your scenery, if you assign a path you are assigning a path to all the selected objects.You can avoid this by placing the red cross right on your dyn model where you will assign a new path.For Dyn Tips this is Javier Rodriguez ;)Dyncovery Channel..I think I watched too much "Discovery Wings" Channel this weekend :-lol

Guest pilotsim7828

My Favorite show , I think you guy`s are on a roll. Jeff Akins

After downloading the sample scenery file I found that this is the important bit ---- geo position lat lon elev ---- 0 00'00.00"N 0 00'00.00"ESoon as I changed that line everything worked great.BTW, use N & E even if you are in the southern hemisphere like meDaniel

Guest pilotsim7828

Ok, Great!! Now look At this pic . I used Javier`s file Because i could not get this to work. I DO SEE the truck , But it`s very tiny( marked in Orange Sqaure. Is that a shadow or the truck.

Guest pilotsim7828

PLEASE < PLEASE... Help me I`m Dying, ( My Brain really) I`m going to upload my Scenery.s0 file and my path file. Please see what im doing wrong and the e-mail me rakins@charter.net Anyone can do this project ..Except me.. WHY ?:-mad Jeff Akins

Guest Javier

Jeff:Your second file looks O.K.But if the picture of the first one ( the Scenery.S0x ) is right then maybe some extra spaces are causing you the problems...Your tag and lon value are too much to the right, make sure they are aligned with the rest of the tags or upper lines. This is what I would do to your file ... it might work.. might not.WORLDNW727200.NFO ---- geo position lat lon elev ---- 0 00'00.00"N 0 00'00.00"E 656.88714599609375 ---- object type ---- gvew ---- gestalt flags ---- 578875 ---- detail level ---- 0 727.pth ---- object name (descriptive) ----Your file is missing one Zero ( 0 ) on your lat value. Also your lon value ( the "E line ) needs to be indented one space to the right in reference to the upper line ( the "N line ) I am not sure how much this is required, but on the files that I got working dyn models all have the same structure.Changes are marked in bold for communication purposes, you don't need to mark in bold any line on your file.

Guest pilotsim7828

Javier look @ post truck does move let me know which file is Correct, dont understand wher to put path Do i put after the line cursor behind 0 the press enter to get to the next line or what? BTW here is more pics in order as they were taken form the shape editor in the file manager.

Guest pilotsim7828

My thoughts excatly, I got tired of beating my head aginst the wall for SO LONG, I Also gave up. But thanks, to Javier Rodrequez: I Finnaly got the E- Mail to open , He sent me . We Together, Fought this battle; I take no credit, Just a push. on javier`s back Now that the battle`s over , Javier, WON. Now i can look at his file and Figure out what I Was Doing Wrong , To me it looks the same as his file. But he has more Buildings in his file, Where I dont have any. It is NOT hard to find the < path > Though, I will do nothing to his file , I will just look and Compare. It is up to him, and him alone, That HE, Gives the file to the people of this sim. This is His baby, And he thought up the idea. MAYBE he will give some insight to this, Or maybe, He will upload The file for ALL the airports , And a new trend will come about. Thanks for the look at your file Javier , I will Talk to you soon. Hey, Eagle... Dont give up as EASY as I Did Jeff Akins aka;Pilotsim7828 How do you like the pic of Air first`s 172 rg, ( the school where i rent the plane from)TIME TO MAKE ONE FOR THIS SIM???????? :-beerchug