Sign in to follow this  
Guest pilotsim7828

path plotter works.... Wait ..... wha happened ?

Guest pilotsim7828

I finaaly got the path plotter to work in scenery edtior,then when i recorded it, it was really neat how the fuel truck wheeledit`s way around the tarmac! saved and exited.when i went to get a closer look in the plane i was in,the truck did`nt move at all, It was just sitting there ,like a staic model! but it does work , As long as i`m in the editor. the truck is inthe air: & cant get the pic to resize to upload to you pilotsim7828aka: Jeff Akins

Guest Javier

Steave:What I think he means is that as long as you are on the Editor Mode the truck will move following the path you set, and indeed looks great to have some ground units moving.. Problem is that as soon as you leave the Editor mode to get back to the Simulation mode the truck will be "another" static model on your airport.I am experiencing exactly the same thing.. but posted on the Developer's forum.Any tips or ideas to get this working I will definitely appreciate it.C.U.

Guest pilotsim7828

Steve ,Yes Javier is right the movement will only be in the editor mode. I used the throttle and stick to move the truck around the tarmacNow the only problem is i cannot save the path outside of the editor . The tutorial is good to read but does not give any insight, on how to save the path of the vehicles once in the sim HELP is needed in this aera,Boy just think that we can have moving vehicle in Fly! II, only M.S. Train sim has moving vehicles ,that i know of. pilotsim7828Aka: Jeff Akins:-zhelp

Guest Javier

Hi Jeff:Just to update you on this ... 1.- I created the Path folder under FLYII .. no difference.2.- I even saved the Situation thinking that only starting an Adventure/situation will trigger the truck .. but no luck.3.- When you save the path it does write a file into the Path folder,so your path is saved the problem is that FLY does not give a .. dime about those files when you are on simulation mode.I am running out of ideas about this, please guys help us here... it would really be nice to see those trucks moving across the tarmac.Once I get those two babies rolling on the tarmac I can use Z-Modeler and change the type of vehicle... edit the trucks and make them push back trucks or even airplanes! ... I think....

If I remember correctly, here is what I'm looking for:(1) The path MUST exist in the PATH directory. I believe these are saved as *.pth files.(2) Either in a saved situation file, OR in a scenery file for that quarter globe tile (same files that you save your normal static scenery into), instead of having a static world object (type: wobj) you need them tagged as vehicle objects (type: vobj).(3) Inside the vobj specification, add a tag and give the filename of your path.When the vehicle is created, as soon as the path tag is hit the vehicle creates a black box recorder, and loads the path into the black box. If the load is successful, it sets the replay to the beginning and calls Play() to begin playing the recording. This will either play until the end or loop, depending on how you recorded the path.If this does not work, then I either have a bug in the vehicle object or the path loaded. If the vehicle is playing back in the editor, then the black box is doing it's job.Rich

Guest pilotsim7828

Javier : Would`nt that be grand to have these trucks push back a/cQuestion ,How about those AI Aircraft , The ones that have their own path,?How about those AI Bird flocksthey work ! Iwonder if some one left out something when they made this sim pilotsim7828aka: Jeff Akins:-wave Hey just got your post THANK YOU RICH HARVEY

Guest Javier

Rich:This might sound stupid.. I am just fishing here...According to your reply to this thread.. does it means that to make a Static model move like a Dynamic model all I need to do is set the flag from Wobj to Vobj and then just tell the PATH file it is going to use?Sounds too beutiful to be true.. .but I hope.am I nuts?

Nope, that's about it. The 'mobj' tag is a simple world object that has a model. This is used for all buildings or static scenery (trees, fences, towers, etc.) To use pathing, the object has to run a simulation per frame; model objects ('mobj') are not given time slices each frame, so they can't simulate. But, the vehicle object ('vobj') is a decendant of the model object; it has a model, but also has a simulation. This is where the black box resides, and if you simply tell Fly! that your object is a vehicle instead, it can do vehicle stuff. I believe this is all you'll have to do (if Fly! won't let you directly create a vehicle object, we can try making them ground vehicles, which I believe are 'gveh' tags).Rich

Hi Jef :-waveSame as what you have posted about the birds and AI aircraft, with that in mind I thought would it be possible to add these things like these items. Im no programmer, only a modest webdesigner and handy man (as forced on me by my wife ;) )PS. Jeff I sent you an Email about the repaints, Im a bit behind because of Family visits from Germany & getting things fixed in the house so I will be a week late but I will get back to you.... bye :-waveStevie :-bat'The best aid to navigation is having been there before' For FREE Website Traffic go here :-eekhttp://www.nomorehits.com/cgi-bin/start.cg...er=steviegeebeehttp://www.btinternet.com/~stephen_g_brown/steve.gif

Guest pilotsim7828

Thanks Steve: no problem take your time, Iknow that we are all busy. Also i am no programer , and when the talk about mobj,vobj & all that , Is they lose me on what they are sayingthat is how new a real newbie is!! LoL I will read your e-mail and thank you for all your help .Im trying to get the hang of this project(dynamic scenery)and got it to work,( In the editor mode ) not sim mode.I just hope that Rich Harvey can lead us into some indepth disscucion about this project . Whoever had this idea was a brainstorm.Ithink the best one yet, Beside Z-modeller Tutorial,also one too!!! pilotsim7828aka:Jeff Akins:-wave

Guest pilotsim7828

Ok , Here goes I put a firetruck @ kmwl, Just so that nothing was there.did the path & plotter, Went to the data file, Changed the wobj to vobjAnd now the truck does not show up in the scenery at all Did i do anything to change the vehicle in any way,when i changed the W to a V for the object i beginning to just enjoy the sim for what it is, and wont want to add anything to it , If it will be that hard to figure things out!! I hope javier is haveing a better time onthis that i. pilotsim7828aka: Jeff Akins:-8

Guest Javier

It WOOOOORKS!!!!! YEESSSSSS!!!! I got the Fuel Truck rolling all over the Tarmac at MMMX !! The Fire Truck is broken!! it moves but sideways, I think this has to do directly with the Model since it does the same on the Editor Mode.All I can tell you right now is that I turned on and off so many options that it will be hard to tell which one made the trick.. maby none.First of all you don't have to change the WOBJ tag, leave it as it is, forget about the VOBJ. On the .SO1 file I just added the PATH file just as Rich told us, BUT I was playing MR Smart guy and I was adding the PATH directory.. (i.e. PATHFUELMX.PTH ) wrong!! all you have to do is add the following Tag .FUELMX.PTH <--- This is the name of your saved file under the path folder.I don't know if it helped to turn on the AI Aircraft ( I had none, and moved the bar to 15 ) I am still playing with the editor and S01 files to see if I can have the Push back truck to move and some Planes on the Tarmac as well...I'll keep you posted Jeff A.More to come....

Great NewsThanks Jeff.All I can do with my not even limited computer skills is cheer from the sideline.Followong this threat with great interest.RegardsAlfred

Guest pilotsim7828

Hey GREAT !!!!! I knew you could do it, Javier , Hope you make a lot of these for all the airports, Just wish i could have been in on this great progress. Jeff Akins (also known as: aka) pilotsim7828:-kewl :-beerchug :-newbie