Sign in to follow this  
Guest HeavyFan

Can Someone send me the 2 Effects files for Ocean???

Guest HeavyFan

Hey guy's! I was just wondering if anyone can send me the 2 Effects Files for I think Ed Truthan! I had to do a reinstall of FS2002 last month and forgot to copy and save these 2 files! I have everything else except the effects files to make the new water textures and waves work! Since I have a modem only download it will take me about 1-1/2 Hrs to downlaod that big 20MB File here at Avsim!! When all i need is these 2 small files! So can any kind friendly person please E-mail me the two files PLEASE I would really apprecite it! here is my e-mail to send it to- mdmustang550@hotmail.com. if the file is to big for Hotmail send it to... albertadd@AOL.com thanks MIKE.

Hi, This will take much more time than 1-1/2 Hrs by email, also mail like hotmail and other free mail can't accept more than 900k I think, send you the files by email will take the same time if not more,they will still 20mb to download even by email, (it's a files download), so the only ways is to download the files at avsim.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

do you know the file names for these effects?if you do ill be happy to send them to you Is one waves.fx?Anniette xxxxxx

I just sent you the two files I think are the ones you are wanting they are 40kb so I send them too Hotmail ,I hope this helps you Anniette xxxxxxxxxx

From what I read (althought my english is not good)heavyfan would like the FX files Not all the Files of the ocean?As he says he has them already the rest?Anniette xxxxxx

Hi, There is no *.fx files for this new water texture .All *.fx are in fs2k2 default. Only bmp files for this new water files by (Ed), There is 2 zip, one for the water and the other one for the wave animation.#1 There is no *.fx files#2 oceansfx.zip = water animation (21297kb kb) (all *.bmp)#3 oceanstx.zip = water (5745 kb) (all *.bmp)So the only way to have the new water animation is to download again from avsim.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Woops I am wondering what i send him now lol :)Anniette xxxxxxxxx

Guest HeavyFan

Hi Chris! I do not understand what you are saying!! I have all the Files that the 20MB downlaod had including 2 EFX's files that came with this 20MB package! I have all the files I wanted in FS2002 like the wind direction that i want! it does not work without the 2 new Effects files only that came with this Water package! I know this as when i downlaoded it the forst time it had theses 2 Effects files! now that i lost these 2 small files the water animation does not work! Only the default shoreline waves work! So I don't think i half to download the whole 20MB file to get these 2 small files that i need to make the water work!??? If I am wrong forgive me Chris! And Annette i will cjeck my e-mail to see if you sent the right ones! if it is Thank you very much! MIKE-:)

Mike, There is no 2 small fx files with the 2 files, I have them both, and there is no fx files only bmp files. Your problem is here: the water animation appears below 800 feet, make sure you have enabled the multi texturing in fs2k2,texture detailed and the water at details or (details and reflection) in the fs2k2 option.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

I agree with Chris. I happen to have all the OceanFX files and I don't see absolutely any EFX files. They are all BMP files.Michael J.

Guest HeavyFan

Ok thanks guy's! Forgive me if i was wrong! But i really don't see any ripple animations with these new files??? I see the ripple textures on the Ocean and when flying at about 400-500FT with the cesna i really did not see any animation, I have the light wing set installed!?? Oh well it looks better than default but do not see any effects other than the default shorline waves! I have everythin checked as you said above, Water at "detail&reflection, Multitexture on.?? Mybe my GE Force2 MX400 card does not do this effect?? I dunno! MIKE-:) thanks for the HELP again-:) Chris when will you next release for the HIGH Clouds be? Hope it is soon! MIKE-:)