Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hagar

Question

Hi, I saw a screenshot the other day, with an airport that instead of being laid on default scenery, was on grass... Can I do that if yes how, I'd like to do it on a couple airports...cheersTom

Tom,Under current version capability, that was probably a shot of TerraScenery after someone had defined the area under and around the airport into a shapefile with Colin's TerraShape, assigned a texture to it, and rerendered it with TerraScene.

Randall Rocke

Guest Hagar

Lol,I guess it could have been me :)Tom, I did exactly as Randall states. Before Terrashape I did this in Photoshop. You`ll see the pics if you press the "Projects" button at my site. I think this layer under the airport is extremely important for the complete "scene".

Great, I'll take a look tommorrow... I'm doing Geneva in Terrascene, and I'm planning on using Pascal's techniques.I'll check your site right away. Thanks for writingCheersTom

Hi, Well,The area I terrscened didn't come out well at all... The lake of Geneva dissapeared...So I just threw away the pod file and will continue flying over the default scenery. But Would it be possible to do just the green around LSGG. If yes, could you explain me how to do it, Thanks for your help BTW your airports look great...cheersTom

Tom-you probably didn't download all the necessary information from ESRI regarding lakes/water stuff... I suggest you go about it a bit more carefully, and pay special attention to the order you select the data inside Terrascene, as multiple layers can come and cover up each other if you do it incorrectly.My 0.02Euro...

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Hagar

Here`s the order which has worked well for me for 2 years now:Ponetp - Land & OceanDnnetp - Lakes & GlaciersDnnetl - Streams, Rivers, Power LinesPppolyp- Poulated PlacesRdline - RoadsRrline - RailroadsWith Terrashape I made a new "Land Use" shapefile, Landp, which I put in before pppolyp, and it works just fine.And: Too often the Ponetp you download is bad. Polygons that are not closed (and won`t be rendered), lines not joined. I`ve seen it myself in AutoCad many times after I started with Terrashape.Wake up, ESRI! Which planet are your files for?Often when the ponetp is bad and I get no sea, I set the TS "Background Texture" to the Ocean texture and the prob is solved.If not, I re-check myself & download the shapefiles again.