Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Fly II vs Fly 2K Aircraft

Hi I just purchased Fly 2K and discovered that it has a different selection of aircraft as compared to Fly II. As a newbie I have a few questions:1. Is Fly II a more recent version of the program?2. Is there a patch available for Fly 2K3. How can I install a Bell 407 helicopter into Fly 2K?4. Which program is considered a better flight sim?5. How do you install third part aircraft into Fly 2K?6. Can you install Fly II aircraft into Fly 2K?7. Is Fly ii program still available for purchase?Thanks in advance for your consideration. I have been an avid Microsoft Flight Simer but Fly has a lot of potential.

I will try:>>1. Is Fly II a more recent version of the program? Yes>>2. Is there a patch available for Fly 2K >FLY2k is the final version of .. FLY2k. You can't patch FL2k to FLYII if this is what you mean.>3. How can I install a Bell 407 helicopter into Fly 2K? >You can't.>4. Which program is considered a better flight sim? >Opinions vary greatly on this subject.>5. How do you install third part aircraft into Fly 2K? >Well.. read installation instructions. PMDG & RAS I believe tell you how to do it.>6. Can you install Fly II aircraft into Fly 2K? No.>>7. Is Fly ii program still available for purchase? >I think it is but may depend on location.Michael J.

Though Michal has answered these, I'll add a few comments.2. YES! A big one! Fly!2K as it comes is version 1.01.87. You need to download and install the following patch: SDK 1.01.88 "User" or "Developer" patch. This will allow you to download all of the v88 aircraft by Rob Young, and many other utilities and program add-ons that require that level.4. Fly!II is a far more advanced version of the sim and has many new capabilities. This is especially true in the areas of development and exterior image resolution. The majority of new add-ons (especially new aircraft) and development is with Fly!II. When the publisher unfortunately forced Fly!II out the door before it was finished, it had a lot of incomplete areas and bugs. Now, when patched up to Build 230, many of those bugs have been corrected and it is becoming a beautiful sim. Development in airport and land use scenery is also exploding.Fly!2K, when fully updated to the SDK .88 level, with the additions of Ground Countrol, Sky! S.E., Rob Young's v88 aircraft, "Cleared 4 Takeoff" ATC, etc. is a very solid and complete sim. Be sure to optimize your VCF (Video Card File) to get the best performance. Information on this can be found here: http://www.thesalters.org/fly2/vcf/index.htm5. Just follow the instructions - for most of them, you just copy or move the aicraft's POD file into the Aircraft directory - that's it!7. Yes - it's just getting difficult to find. It is still available in some stores, but probably more available online.All of the files, add-ons and patches mentioned are available right here on Avsim.

Randall Rocke