Sign in to follow this  
Guest andrewluck

Hawker jet will not load correcty

Anyone know why my Hawker jet will not load properly? It either crashes before loading, or loads with a wierd looking string of alpha-numeric characters across the glare shield, - & THEN crashes a few moments later. Here is the error message I get from my fly gfto.txt file:Msg: Runtime execption code c0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION) at address 005D71D3File: WINRUN.CPP line 165Time: Sun Sep 15 16:29:30 2002errno = 2 (No such file or directory)As usual - only in Fly2 does this kind of stuff happen. This HAS to be the most unstable sim ever invented. I spend more time trying to fix the sim each week than I do flying around.sincerely,Chris Catalano

Chris,Have you loaded any repaints of the Hawker recently that may be causing the problem? If not the only thing I can suggest is a .hst file deletion. RegardsPaul:-cool

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Thanks - I tried all .hst deletions - no luck. No recent downloads of repaints eother. Actually, I am noticing I have a global problem - nearly all my aircraft have the text across the glare shield. In fact - the oly one that doesn't is the Cessna Flyhawk.I am really confused now. May have to do (yet another) complete reinstall. Boy this program sure does come with incredible baggage. Thanks Paul.Chris

Chris,I can't put my finger on it but I know this problem sounds extremely familiar. Any recent scenery additions that could have changed your render.ini settings or a new video card driver?Does it affect the scenery when outside the A/C? Is your screen resolution set above 1024X768? I know I remember seeing this and I am sure I solved it without reloading the whole program over again. Damn shame I can't find my brain sometimes. :-dohRegardsPaul:-cool

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Believe it or not, after 5 hours,I traced the problem to a file called "nycatc" in my taxiways folder. After I remove it, it goes away. It is a file that will play background chatter through C4TO. The only thing is that that file has been there for ages & never caused a problem before. I just don't get it. This sim drives me crazy. I'm just about ready to leave it for good. I just don't have this kind of time to waste any more on this kind of unimportant stuff. I went to bed at 2:30 in the morning. This is crazy. It's always SOMETHING with this sim.Sincerely,Chris

Chris,sorry about the problems you're having. Don't give up on us yet! Coming over from the Mac side of the house, I've not had many problems with the sim at all. I usually will get the sim to crash if I've mucked about with a pod for a repaint I'm working on or I've installed some scenery file in the wrong location. Once I got Fly! II patched and running on the original install, it's been really solid.I'm using XP Pro with service pack 1, NVidia Ti 4400 card with the 30.29(?)drivers, 512MBs of RAM and a Athlon 2000+ CPU. This combo works great for me and I think that you should be able to get Fly! II to perform fine for you. Hey, I'm a Mac guy at heart and futzzing around with the innerds any program is foriegn to me so the fact that I'm able to get Fly! II to run stable on this PC says a lot about the design of the sim. It may take you some tweeking to get going, but once there, it's should be rock steady.Good luck,Pete

Guest andrewluck

Got to agree with you on this one Pete. I've reloaded Fly!2 once in the time I've had it (European release) and that wasn't strictly necessary because I found a corrupt default.key file. Otherwise, back out the last thing you did. Keep a log file of dates you did things if necessary. If an install says it's going to change some files, then take a copy before you continue. It can be a pain but sometime it's going to save your #####, if not your job.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH