Sign in to follow this  

Re: Heathrow Zone uploaded.

I've just uploaded a 1/4 globe tile (255-170NE)scenery in 'hi-res'of Heathrow Zone covering Heathrow and Central London down to the Greenwich Meridian line. This includes Heathrow (EGLL) of course and Northolt (EGWU). Also 3 'new to Fly!'places -the GA airfields of Denham (EGLD) and Elstree (EGTR) with the London Heliport (EGLW) at Battersea.Do have look at it and also try out the 'night lights' of the big City.DaveT

Looks very very good. Try it at this evening!!Perhaps Europe will be ready in a few months??? ;-))D_Mick - Bonn/Germany

David,Very nice screenshots, wonderful scenery.If you plan to generate more quarter tiles of this quality, my preference goes to the eastward direction of EBBR ;)Frank

Looks great, downloading right now... Can't wait.cheers

Hi, just took a little flight around EGLL with the Citation X750, that scenery is breathtaking, my father looked at it and said, "hey those are those are the water reservoirs we fly over before landing looks incredibly real!"If only Geneva could look like that, I'll have to give it another try.cheers

Glad you like it-I'll get the complete 'Globe Tile' out next-that was just the 'top left 1/4'.Heathrow is the world's busiest 'international hub' despite being closed for aircraft between 11pm and 6am each night.I live under the 'outward bound turn' for BNN, the Bovingdon VOR.As I walked out at 6.30 the Jumbos were going round the hold.Further down coming into London (on the A40 past Northolt) I could see others holding at Ockham to my right, ahead a few distant 'gleams' in the sunlight showed that 2 were going around the Lambourne VOR. Overhead a 767 that had left LAM was doing a 'downwind' leg to join the other 'stream' that I could see leaving Ockham to be vectored to the 09 runway in use today.It's a fine act that those ATC guys (and gals) have to do the get the airliners in, with 'extra space' whenever a 'heavy' is coming in.It was so clear this morning that the sky was also filled with contrails from the airliners 'overflying' the UK on their way to the States. DaveT

Guest Henri W

David,Breathtaking scenery indeed. Thanks so much for making it. Great times for Fly! II lately.Best regards,Henri

Great shots Henri. Better stick to the 'Big Jets' or at least 'twins' when over London-ATC restricts 'singles' over London itself. They should never have built the principle London airport directly inline with the city.If you stand in say Hyde Park when the Heathrow landing runway is 27R you see all the aircraft doing the final 'establishing' turn overhead.DaveT