Sign in to follow this  
michal

Wanting to get back into Fly!2K

Greetings, I am looking to get back into Fly!2K for IFR practice. I thought those flight models were the best for this type of "flying". I do like creating Terrascene, but how do I create Terrascene in Fly!2k? I believe Jack Fearon "pulled" his textures for Terrascene. Is there a backward compatability procedure for the textures in Fly!2? I thought I saw a "procedure" for that on Ken Salter's website but the site is down. Any help appreciated!Jason"flying the instruments"

Jason,The new Terrascene (2.1) creates the texture set out of Fly!II textures, so you must have Fly!II on your hard drive and patched up to Build 230. This texture set can then be used to create scenery in either version of Fly! - just follow the setup and rendering instructions.As far as flight models are concerned, it is true that if you have Fly!/Fly!2K patched up to the SDK 1.01.88 level and have all of Rob Young's v88 versions of the default aircraft installed, the flight models, as a group, are IMO the best.However, if practicing IFR procedures in the Cessna 172 is what you are doing, Rob has stated that he feels his latest flight modeling patch for the "Flyhawk" in Fly!II is now superior to the v88 version in Fly!2K.

Randall Rocke

Thanks Randall, I like the King Air flight models in Fly!2K (which are far superior to the King Air in Fly!2).Thanks for replying,Jason"on the instruments"

Guest slydon

Where in the library can I find that flight modeling patch for the cessna in fly 11? Don

> I like the King Air flight models in Fly!2K (which are far >superior to the King Air in Fly!2). I also think this one is the best, a true gem. I personally think Hawker's is the worst.Michael J.