Sign in to follow this  
rodger

Ok, so now it seems to be official....

...that the general aviation aircraft for Fly2 by PMDG has been canceled. I just read it on their web site.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/products/F...genav/index.htmMakes me a bit sad, because I have been a customer since the first release and I really like the products. But I understand their point.:'( Regards, and keep Fly!ing,Rodger

Greetings,Although it's too bad about Fly II, it's probably for the best. I too, bought every Precision Manuals release except the last 757. I flew the original Fly!, Fly2K, and Fly II exclusively. Fly II was not impressive from the start. I also have owned every copy of MSFS. For two years, I only flew the Fly products.I hated FS2000, but I love FS2002. When it came out, I was skeptical, but it proved me wrong. After buying it, I never went back to Fly II. Although you can debate forever which is best, it doesn't make any difference now. The Fly products will always be around, look at the Flight Unlimited Forum.For me, I switched to FS2002 and never looked back. Fly and me had a good run, the publisher didn't support it, let's move on. The only thing that concerns me is that now there is only one major general aviation simulator. I just hope that doesn't make Microsoft any more complacent than it already is.I'll check out the FS2002 Precision Manuals products for FS2002 when they're introduced, although I don't know about that Russian plane. You can't expect Precision Manuals to keep on developing products for a market that no longer demands it.Personally, with all the products that are available for FS2002 and the ones coming up, I think it's a good time for our hobby. In closing, it would be even nicer if people would refrain from constantly complaining about the freeware products. These folks put in a lot of their free time for our hobby and I can't believe the complaints you read regarding their efforts.Just my opinion......Sincerely,Hans Groenewold

Rodger,As you know, Fly!II development is continuing on other fronts, such as the wonderful work being done by ROTW and other groups and individuals - some of these rival payware. It is sad that RealAir and PMDG can no longer afford to develop for the Fly! market (not enough users right now to support payware development), but as long as we keep Fly! alive there is always hope for the future.With the Build 230 version of Fly!II, we have a great sim, and there is more updating and development taking place every day.

Randall Rocke

Guest andrewluck

RandallAmen to that. There is more to Fly!2 than PMDG (nice though their airplanes are).Personally, I felt that Fly!2 got some really good publicity at the Avsim show. OK, most of that was down to Rich, but his presentation really opened my eyes as to what the developers had to face trying to get this product out the door.The Tahoe landing challenge was interesting. While I failed to get the 737 on the runway (mis-timed my final turn and landed to one side), I felt that it didn't really seem like I only had one engine. So I failed and engine on the 757 and tried the same exercise in Fly!2. Totally different experience. Any application of power had the jet rolling into the dead engine and maintaining 2000fpm downhill had me continually running into the flap limiting speeds (even with the gear down).Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Randall,I definately agree with you. I know that FlyII development is continuing, and yes, some of the freeware is the finest we can get.And I am sure there is more to come. Just thinking about PeterSidoli`s Seneca V with the help of ROTW as far as I remember.Still crossing my fingers for this one to arrive someday. For me, FlyII is still a general aviation sim in the first place,which doesn`t mean I don`t like the big iron. I`m just not too mad about it. All I wanted to say was, that it makes me sad to see such good things for this sim going down...But at least we still have some great individuals with passion.THANK YOU to all of them, and like you said: " but as long as we keep Fly! alive there is always hope for the future."Let`s keep it alive!Take care,Rodger ;(8 http://rodgerchristmann.bei.t-online.de

Rodger,There are some great products that RealAir and PMDG still have on the market for Fly! - let's keep sending them customers. That will help them and keep Fly!II in the public's eye, as they are unique products designed specifically for the capabilities of this sim.

Randall Rocke

Guest pilotsim7828

I just bought the pmdg`s 777 & 757.both which are good aircraft to look at and FLY!II i had bought ms fs2002 and found it hard to use, than fly!IIalso, i think that the scenery in fly is the best . Even if we dont the all of the aircraft that Microsoft haswe can never use the planes all in one day That is why I stick with flyYes,Pmdg had great looking panels, But with all of the other freeware that is out there and more being made this sim WILL continue to growand if it does`nt I will have a great sim with just what i have now Thank you Rich Harvey ,Congratulations on the award AND KEEP FLY! II ing:-)

> i had bought ms fs2002 and found it hard to use, than >fly!II And I'm the one who finds FLYII much more difficult to use. But I'm managing. :) All depends on what we're used too, I suppose.....L.Adamson

MSFS is a tad harder to use. In fly2 everything is infront of you in the cockpit like it should. In msfs I have to search in the key assignments for like 5 minutes for a key that does something simple.

Hmmm .. never heard this one before. Neither in FS2002 nor in FLY I have to search for anything. :-hmmmMichael J.

RodgerI have parted company with RealAir Simulations on very good terms with Rob and Sean.The reason for this is that RealAir are a tiny group(of two now)and due to ongoing personal family problems I cannot dedicate the attention it needs and that Rob and Sean should have.As Part of a settlement agreement with me I have inherited the Seneca Five which isnt far off completion.It is important that the Seneca is completed. TJ has put in a lot of work making the panel and interior.I need to have discussions on how we proceed to completion but the aircraft will not be sold through RealAir (I dont think)Watch This space ;-)Peter

Pete,Sorry to hear you had to leave Real Air, but it's AWEOSME NEWS htat you'll be completing the Seneca V.Looking forward to her release.Bob Lyddy

Hi Peter,thank you very much for completing the Seneca. That`s great news.Besides that, I hope everything is alright.Thanks for the update and take care.Cheers,Rodger :-)