Sign in to follow this  

water texture

Guest chezz

In due time hopefully I can share this scenery but I need your suggestions as to the acceptable or appropriate water texture/color for a scenery. Here some pix of Hongkong and I marked the color of the water "A", "B", & "C". Your suggestions will be appreciated.Chris Salviejorpll

Chris,Since you are looking for input - could you get a bit closer to this one:Michael J.

I would prefer "B"But, Michael, is this original Fly Scenery? Gr.D_Mick - Bonn/Germany

>>But, Michael, is this original Fly Scenery? Nope. FS2002. But not its original water - this is a replacement water texture developed for the whole world by an oceanographer from the University of Hawaii. The tropics look fantastic.Michael J.

Guest chezz

Hi Michael,Is that a default FS VHHH airport and terminal? I will try my best to duplicate the water texture. thankschris

B for me too... Doesn't look too bad, anyway ! Can't wait to fly it !Yves

Dear Chris,I preffer B option, looks more realistic.BTW, nice scenery you made it. How did you get those elevations? Using DEM files, Fly!

Guest chezz

Hi Keyton,The elevation is Fly2's default. Thanks.chris salviejo

>Is that a default FS VHHH airport and terminal? Yes it is.Michael J.

I discovered that making the 'default' jet black water mask for Fly!2 produces water that,whilst it varies with 'lighting conditions', is rather bland. Try making the water mask a mid-gray color and putting some 'texture' into it so that it looks more realistic and 'alive'. Alas you have to put it into Fly! each time to see the results but that can be done without slicing the whole scenery. The 'light reflection effects' only work with 'Water Effects' menu selected and 'High Detail Textures' ticked on startup of course.DaveT