Sign in to follow this  

DexImport and Airport.POD

Good Morning everyone!Here is my problem! Last evening, I upgraded my hard drive to a 120 gig hard drive and unit RAM from 256Mb to 512Mb. My original hard drive (20G) was partitioned into two drives of equal size, C & D. Fly!2 was installed on the "D" drive. I transfered all of my Fly!2 files to what is now a much larger "C" drive. Fly!2 workes fine with one exception. Whenever I attempt to use the DexImport.exe program on any .dex file, I receive the following error:"Unable to open D:Program FilesTerminal RealityFly! IISystemAirport.POD. Error Code 0x3 in D:projectsfly2PodLibMapper file.cpp. line 69".I have deleted and reinstalled DexImport several times on the C-Drive but without any luck. I still get the same error!What does all of this mean and how do I solve the problem? I no longer have the "D" drive or its contents. As stated above, all contents were transfered over to the new "C" drive!Can anyone help me out?? I know that the use of DexImport.exe program is eccential to Fly!II.Thanks in advance for any help!Curtis

Curtis,When Fly!II is installed, it creats registry entries that give the installation location, but has no affect on its operation (making it easy to move a functioning program from drive to drive). These registry entries are then used for uninstalling or to point additonal programs to the proper directory (such as Podview).If you moved Fly!II without uninstalling and reinstalling or changing these entries in the registry, DexImport is probably reading the registry and looking for the Fly!II installation on drive D:Outside of editing the registry, try this:Move the DexImport GUI to the root directory of your Fly!II installation. Right-click the menu shortcut (and any other links you have to the program) and click the Properties tab. Edit the Start in: window to read the same location, such as "C:Program Files|Terminal RealityFly! II"If this doesn't work, here's a suggestion from Frank Racis on this issue:"You can just delete the value "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARETerminal RealityFly! IIPATH" from the registry and run DexImport again. If DexImport doesn't find the key, you'll be asked where Fly is installed, and the correct value will be written to the registry for future use."

Randall Rocke

Good morning Randall:Thank you for your response! Sorry that it took so long to respond but I have been overly busy with work.When I developed the problem, I had already reinstalled DexImport GUI to the root directory of my Fly!II installation as you suggested, right clicked, clicked the properties tab and found that it was already assigned to the C drive, (correct path), in the start up window.Not being comfortable messing around with the registry, I will have to get someone (someone who knows what they are doing) to delete the "HKEY_LOCAL-...." from the registry for me.I'll keep you posted as to how I make out. I just hate not being able to use DexImport!!Thanks again!Curtis

Thank you Randall! Using Frank Racis' suggestion as you advised worked!!! I'm back in business!Thanks again for your help.Curtis

Curtis,I'm glad you've got it working. Apparently, DexImport makes its own registry entries on Fly!II's location the first time it's run and refers to that path from then on. I believe Frank designed it this way so that the utility would work no matter where it was placed - this negated the need to place the program in the Fly!II root directory.The problem with this approach is it's uncorrectable if Fly!II is moved, as there is no options menu within DexImport to edit the path. By deleting the original path statement in the registry, you force DexImport to ask "where did it go?"

Randall Rocke

>I'm glad you've got it working. Apparently, DexImport makes >its own registry entries on Fly!II's location the first time >it's run and refers to that path from then on. The path value is placed there by the FlyII installer. If it's missing, I ask where it is and will fix it, but that shouldn't happen if you install Fly normally.>I believe >Frank designed it this way so that the utility would work no >matter where it was placed - this negated the need to place >the program in the Fly!II root directory. Exactly.>The problem with this approach is it's uncorrectable if >Fly!II is moved, as there is no options menu within >DexImport to edit the path. By deleting the original path >statement in the registry, you force DexImport to ask "where >did it go?" Right. I didn't expect so many people to be moving Fly around. If I ever do another release, I'll check the path for Fly2.exe or add a "find Fly" option.-Frank

Hi Frank,Thanks for checking in - and above all, thanks for this great tool! It's been especially wonderful to work with since you and Didier set us up for deletions - that's a real time saver and makes for some easily distributed corrections!

Randall Rocke

Hi Frank:Thank you for developing such a great tool. What did people do prior to you developing this tool? I don't see how flight simmers can do without DexImport!Curtis